SDCC Cobra Commander?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture :lecture :lecture... very wise man here folks. I have wanted to go to sdcc as well, but the money is better spent (for me) on figs! :chew

CCC does look more appealing when you think about the Crimson Guard flanking him. I'll almost garuntee SS will not make Tomax and Xamot! :(

Me too. Despite the fact that 100k+ people shoving and nudging you this way and that sounds extremely unappealing, It still looks like a bit of fun. Honestly though, I'd rather spend the money on the figures themselves, than the opportunity to droll over them. :p

the video really makes this guy look cool. I like the brightness. Now wish the blue CC was a brighter blue instead of a dark navy.

That is too bad. We pretty much already knew he had the cape instead of the trenchcoat. I was hoping for something else. A Cobra staff would have been nice to go with the "ceremonial" look of the figure. Not a repeat of the exclusive cane, but a big staff. Like Jafar.

If you press Crimson Commanders button, he'll sing "Arabian Nights".

But yeah, they should have went with Destro or Classic Commander IMO. Factors: I don't get how they think a Red CC will sell when regular Bad Street CC isn't selling that well on the secondary market . He's not even out yet. baffling.

Indeed. Like I said, one of them is even who attended the SDCC Freaks party with me last year.

Yellow pages or Craigslist?

I kidd. I kidd.

Yellow pages or Craigslist?

I kidd. I kidd.

Surprisingly, and believe me, I'm amazed by this myself, cosplayers seem to get quite a bit of above average tail. I think it's the whole make believe deal, the fact that they can act out fantasies secluded away and packed 10 to a hotel room. This may also be a contributing factor to the fanboy funk that often radiates off of some two days into a con. :google

Surprisingly, and believe me, I'm amazed by this myself, cosplayers seem to get quite a bit of above average tail. I think it's the whole make believe deal, the fact that they can act out fantasies secluded away and packed 10 to a hotel room. This may also be a contributing factor to the fanboy funk that often radiates off of some two days into a con. :google

I don't doubt it, but I bet shes does modeling work/is a model and was paid to be in that suit.

vlcsnap-16647686.png

I just seen this :rotfl

I think Hasbro told SS to do this.

Me too. Despite the fact that 100k+ people shoving and nudging you this way and that sounds extremely unappealing, It still looks like a bit of fun. Honestly though, I'd rather spend the money on the figures themselves, than the opportunity to droll over them. :p

The Con is one of the coolest things around. Its totally worth the figures I don't buy to go.

whith all the coverage on the Net.. no need to fight the crowd of geeks trying to get pictures of themselves with girls in costume. :lol

Id love to check it out, especially the chicks in costumes :), but just to far and expensive for me anyway, Im on the opposite side corner of North America

They should have a New York Comic Con :)

the video really makes this guy look cool. I like the brightness. Now wish the blue CC was a brighter blue instead of a dark navy.
They were probably basing it off of the old figure. The Hooded CC figure was a much darker blue than helmeted one. This was also the case with the first 25th Anniversary release.

Seems to me that the only real reason to go to one of these things would be to socialize with like-minded geeks. Pretty much all the other stuff (toy exclusives, coverage of and videos from panels, etc.) can ultimately be found much cheaper and more easily online. Am I wrong? Personally, if I were to factor in the time away from work, and all the money spent in taking a vacation, I would choose the beach over a toy convention 99/100 times.

Seems to me that the only real reason to go to one of these things would be to socialize with like-minded geeks. Pretty much all the other stuff (toy exclusives, coverage of and videos from panels, etc.) can ultimately be found much cheaper and more easily online. Am I wrong? Personally, if I were to factor in the time away from work, and all the money spent in taking a vacation, I would choose the beach over a toy convention 99/100 times.

exactly.... besides like-minded geeks talk everyday here on the boards. :D

I'm still surprised there's no ComicCon on the lower east coast. Atlanta seems like a prime place for one I think.

I'm still surprised there's no ComicCon on the lower east coast. Atlanta seems like a prime place for one I think.

We have Dragon*Con here. It used to have lots of Exhibitors, Comics companies, and such... but over the past 10 years it's become a 24/7 adult party con.

Let's put it this way: I go to SDCC to geek out and do the collecting thing... but for pure FUN and partying nothing beats Dragon*Con. It's also the place to see the most amazing costumes ever. It's basically Mardi Gras for geeks and pop culture enthusiasts.

Back