SDCC 2008 Star Wars Predicions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The anticipation, as demonstrated by the frustrated posts around here, for him to finally be done is so high, there is NO room for error with people, if they slip up in a way that flusters more than 15% of the collecting community, it'll be the ^^^^ storm of all time.

Nah, that dog won't hunt anymore. It's time to ^^^^ or get off the pot. Time to stop hiding behind excuses.

First it was they don't have experience with armor, then it was they needed a new body. Both problems solved. What, are we supposed to wait another 2,3,4 years for them to give us this "perfect" Vader?

I like ROTS Vader the best...I like the shiny new look...

Whatever Vader it is, looks like I'm buying it...

Along with Palps, if they do one...

This is gonna be expensive...

We need:

lando.jpg

seconded . .

You'd rather see Lando than 1/6 droids, or Vader, or Stormtroopers??? :google

Aye Bespin Lando

Got a Hurricane Vader on way

C3po is covered

c3po-2.jpg

Stormy (got a small arsed medi but he's better than nothing)

R2 - Im working on that one atm

So Aye a Bespin Lando wouldnt be bad for me, solly

Its not brill but Ive got Skiff Lando covered as well

So SSC just for me Bespin please !

DSCF0849.jpg

Firstly, I don't expect Vader to come on the armor body, that body is meant for fully armored figures like Stormies and Clones, Vader has so little armor the body would look like crap where there's no armor. That or he'll be some hybrid of the armor body and Prometheus or something.

Secondly, as far he should be ready and all that, here's my take. Their first "clone" was Obi-Wan. To me, that's a calculated move to gauge whether people are happy with the final result they achieved or not on a figure that is passable for most if it flops. If we see clones at SDCC, my bet is we wouldn't if Obi-Wan had been a flop with collectors. So that said, as much as Clones and Stormies are popular with folks, they're not Darth Vader. I think most people would agree that Vader is THE character to represent Star Wars, the most recognizable appearance and impacting character from the saga. As far as I see it, Sideshow's first Vader has A LOT of pressure on it. With themselves as the artists behind it, with LFL as the rights holder, and with collector's as their market, there is a great deal of demand for Vader to be the absolute best he can. The anticipation, as demonstrated by the frustrated posts around here, for him to finally be done is so high, there is NO room for error with people, if they slip up in a way that flusters more than 15% of the collecting community, it'll be the ^^^^ storm of all time. I won't be shocked if he's not at SDCC, he will come when they feel most confident in their figure and LFL has given a full blessing on it.

Well at least YOUR being realistic.

Well, I'd be shocked if it he wasn't at SDCC. I fully expect he will be and if for some reason he isn't then I better see lots of clones and stormies.

What, are we supposed to wait another 2,3,4 years for them to give us this "perfect" Vader?

I don't think it's be more than SDCC 2009 to see him made. I have a feeling it'll be sooner. However, as your post demonstrates, people are tired of waiting, if they then drop the ball, it's just going to piss everyone off even further. The people complaining about the lack of him are also a driving factor in the length of time it'll take to see him. I bet we'd have a Vader in hand right now if the expectations for him weren't so high. He's make or break for Sideshow, even though they're like 30 figures into the line, if he turns out a dissappointment to fans, it's going to hurt the support of the line.

Medicom has set the bar for 1/6, mass produced Darth Vader figures, and even if you don't own it, most can agree how well it captures him, so SSC, like with Clones, has to have their Vader on par or above Medicom's Vader.

Last edited:
this would be cool...............if you wanted a stormtrooper, just put the hemet on. im dreaming.
ssswlkhn.jpg

I predict that PREDICTIONS will be spelled correctly :D

I think the Grievous bust is certain. I hope for a Lando 12". And if we get a PF, I'm really hoping it's the droids. They are way overdue and the only ones of the original set that had been discussed that hasn't been announced.

I'd be ok if 1:1 Grievous never got done were it not for having that glimpse at one in that photo, now that I've seen it's a potential item, it's like, please make it.

I can't believe it took so long for someone else to notice that I spelled "predictions" wrong. I meant to go in there and change it right after I posted it, but then life got in the way. I shall leave it as a symbol of hope for Darth Vaders pre-ordered everywhere by the end of SDCC 08.

- J

I can't believe it took so long for someone else to notice that I spelled "predictions" wrong. I meant to go in there and change it right after I posted it, but then life got in the way. I shall leave it as a symbol of hope for Darth Vaders pre-ordered everywhere by the end of SDCC 08.

- J

I'm sure other's noticed it. I did as the first time I saw it, just hadn't had time to post. I guess I'm the only one who's a big enough dick to say anything :D

Back