SDCC 2008 Star Wars Predicions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orbitingx, you forgot:

:chew = :chew

How could I forget.....

:chew=:chew:chew:chew:chew!!

Seems a little far fetched for expectations at this point in the game for a SDCC 1/6 Chewie.

However, somewhere it was said by an employee of SSC that they wouldn't make the latest female jedi because of the body limitations and such....and look what their offering............???? :monkey1

Sideshow needs time to do some serious R&d to pull off a decent Chewie because it wil be the first of its kind as in a 1/6 high end articulated Chewie (customs withstanding)

I can predict that there will be no Chewbacca at SDCC 2008.

I still think the best possible scenario is three Vaders. With either high or zero edition size. $100 a piece.

(And I say $100 because I want a $100 Darth Vader. Three of them.)

And if they can't do all three at once, they should announce ANH Vader, stormtroopers, and a sand trooper with multiple variants.

In the next three years they can do ESB Vader with meditation chamber, ROTJ Vader with Emperor and throne, and ultimately, a ROTS Vader with operating table and medical droids. (ROTS Vader should have removable armor and mask, so I'd expect that to top $100.)

Last edited:
Remember last year CIV stole some of SDCC's thunder. They unveiled the PF Speeder bike at CIV. But this year I expect something big and impressive at SDCC along with a couple of 12" and maybe even a couple of PF.

Vader - maybe not. They're designing most figures on the Prometheus now and Vader will require a modified Prometheus. So there may be a little more R&D involved still. I can't really see them doing the signature 1/6 figure from their premiere line on a Big Boy Buck.

the only thing I would buy from the SW licence would be a 1/6 rancor....:monkey3

since everyone is expecting a Darth Vader, I predict there will be no Darth Vader.

my prediction is General Maximilian Veers-

movie_bg.jpg

Well that may be true of most people, but with ANH Luke, ANH Han, and Aayla on the way, I for one am a happy camper! Plus now they say (in the Q & A) that more Jedi are on the way--what more could I want? Just add Captain Antilles to that list and, while most fans would raze Sideshow HQ to the ground, I'll be sitting pretty in utter contentment!

I'm so disgustingly easy to please. :lol

Actually the phrase they used was "in the pipe". I got the impression that the message was that Jedi are coming, but not immediately. And that figures from mthe other lines would be sooner.

Vader - maybe not. They're designing most figures on the Prometheus now and Vader will require a modified Prometheus. So there may be a little more R&D involved still. I can't really see them doing the signature 1/6 figure from their premiere line on a Big Boy Buck.

What about a big boy Prometheus? Indy will have already premiered the regular one.

Or not. Are you saying they're not that far along?

Uncle Owen + Aunt Beru double pack.
If I have low expectations I can't help but be impressed with what they do announce.

In all seriousness I really want to see the classic Stormtrooper and a Sandy.

Have to say I'm not expecting Vader, but I sooooo hope I'm wrong!

What about a big boy Prometheus? Indy will have already premiered the regular one.

Or not. Are you saying they're not that far along?

Right, but Vader will either be on the armored body or a modified Prometheus. I don't think he needs the armored body, Prowse was a bulky dude, so the padded costume over the Prometheus would be just right I think. But he's taller - I'm not sure if they just put extensions in the legs and arms or do something more drastic.

I won't bother predicting, but I would hope one of three...

1. Darth Vader
2. Stormtrooper
3. Commander Cody

since everyone is expecting a Darth Vader, I predict there will be no Darth Vader.

my prediction is General Maximilian Veers-

movie_bg.jpg

That would be right in-line with the Endor Rebels and Commander Praji as the next figure in the Militaries line, wouldn't it? :lol

Seriously, though, I expect at least one "big time" armored SW announcement at SDCC. :rock

Vader's armour is different to clones and stormies...

His shins, crotch, shoulders and head are armour plated...

Could we mix and match bodies?

Back