SDCC 2008 Star Wars Predicions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see 1/6 scale droids.
Mara Jade...yes I'm still hold out hope for another EU figure.
NO MORE versions of Luke or Han!
Some sort of armored figure.
As for LOTR I'd like to see Merry & Pippin and Gimli!
:chew

I'd like to see 1/6 scale droids.
Mara Jade...yes I'm still hold out hope for another EU figure.
NO MORE versions of Luke or Han!
Some sort of armored figure.
As for LOTR I'd like to see Merry & Pippin and Gimli!
:chew

I would have absolutely no interest in a Mara Jade 1/6 or PF and I can happily say that that character in any form would cure my completism.

But I'd love for some 1/6 droids-- or the droids in PF form.

No more Hans?... I'd go for a Hoth one AND a Hoth Luke.:D

I would love to see Vader or the droids, but since they have the clone parts, I agree with MF that it will probably be them. Also, Sideshow released a big stream of OT characters so they are probably going to shift to PT for awhile.

I would love to see Vader or the droids, but since they have the clone parts, I agree with MF that it will probably be them. Also, Sideshow released a big stream of OT characters so they are probably going to shift to PT for awhile.

Not only OT but pretty much mainstream OT with Luke, Han, Obi-Wan and Leia, I'm getting a PT and obscure vibe for SDCC, except for a dio, if they have a dio I have a hunch it'll be OT because that line is due for a major impact piece based on the OT, Droids and Slug were cool but not compositions that bear the kind of impact that Ani-Obi and DOTF have.

I will go nuts if they show a 1:6 Vader
I will go nuts if they do not show a 1:6 Vader

It is time for him, and Stormies.

If SDCC has these, they will be hailed as 1:6 'gods'
If they do not, it'll just look like they are procrastinating.

I'd like to see one more version of Luke...Dark Side Luke...

Then let him go...

Any Sith are good for me...

I will go nuts if they show a 1:6 Vader
I will go nuts if they do not show a 1:6 Vader

It is time for him, and Stormies.

If SDCC has these, they will be hailed as 1:6 'gods'
If they do not, it'll just look like they are procrastinating.

SSC has to have Vader at SDCC. They have the armor body, and the armor itself is far less complicated that the clones... helmet, shoulder pads, codpiece, done. There are no more excuses. If they don't have one at SDCC it won't look like procrastinating, it will be procrastinating.

SSC has to have Vader at SDCC. They have the armor body, and the armor itself is far less complicated that the clones... helmet, shoulder pads, codpiece, done. There are no more excuses. If they don't have one at SDCC it won't look like procrastinating, it will be procrastinating.

Exactly. Vader has a pretty easy suit to do - the helmet may be a bit tricky to get the proportions and all that, but still, it is time!

OK...I have said what I think it will be. Now I'll tell you what I would LIKE to see...

Stormtroopers with alternate heads of Luke and Han. Then we could eat our cake and have it too. They could do it in a 3-pack like the Endor rebels. Three Stormtroopers, One with an alternate Luke head, and another with a long blaster and an alternate Han head.

Yeah, I know...

Firstly, I don't expect Vader to come on the armor body, that body is meant for fully armored figures like Stormies and Clones, Vader has so little armor the body would look like crap where there's no armor. That or he'll be some hybrid of the armor body and Prometheus or something.

Secondly, as far he should be ready and all that, here's my take. Their first "clone" was Obi-Wan. To me, that's a calculated move to gauge whether people are happy with the final result they achieved or not on a figure that is passable for most if it flops. If we see clones at SDCC, my bet is we wouldn't if Obi-Wan had been a flop with collectors. So that said, as much as Clones and Stormies are popular with folks, they're not Darth Vader. I think most people would agree that Vader is THE character to represent Star Wars, the most recognizable appearance and impacting character from the saga. As far as I see it, Sideshow's first Vader has A LOT of pressure on it. With themselves as the artists behind it, with LFL as the rights holder, and with collector's as their market, there is a great deal of demand for Vader to be the absolute best he can. The anticipation, as demonstrated by the frustrated posts around here, for him to finally be done is so high, there is NO room for error with people, if they slip up in a way that flusters more than 15% of the collecting community, it'll be the ^^^^ storm of all time. I won't be shocked if he's not at SDCC, he will come when they feel most confident in their figure and LFL has given a full blessing on it.

We need:

lando.jpg

Quoted for truth. :lecture

I agree with the above.

But here's my guess:

Vader, Stormtroopers and Emperor in chair.

A set-up to rival Jabba's throne from 2 years ago.

Here's hoping...

I agree with the above.

But here's my guess:

Vader, Stormtroopers and Emperor in chair.

A set-up to rival Jabba's throne from 2 years ago.

Here's hoping...

That is my hope (even more than Bespin Lando) :D

So with all the vader postulationd, Here's a question, which Version of our beloved sithlord do you think they will do first?
ROTS,ANH, ESB, or ROTJ?

Last year's SW announcements at SDCC were underwhelming because they announced the PF Speederbike and 1/6 Old Ben at Celebration IV just 2 months earlier. :lecture We'll see something cool.

And the first Vader had better be ANH and not ROTS. :monkey4

So with all the vader postulationd, Here's a question, which Version of our beloved sithlord do you think they will do first?
ROTS,ANH, ESB, or ROTJ?

The first. ANH. We got Luke and Han coming, Leia and Ben in the wings. Seems only fitting to have ANH Vader and Troopers to go with them.

If Sideshow keeps to their originaly plan for the Star Wars 1/6 line they will be doing something from ESB. I think we may see a Tauntaun Wampa and Luke Hoth or a Yoda.

Back