SDCC 2008 Star Wars Predicions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANH Captain Antilles and Rebel Fleet Troopers!!!

Everybody would be rioting in the streets, but then all of my Star Wars 1:6 dreams would come true! Please Sideshow! Just for me, like you did with Faramir!!!

I am such an optimist. :lol

I has to be Vader. How much longer could they possibly wait? Unless there's something about their contract that says they can't do him. For me, the three characters that sybolized Star Wars for me were Luke Skywalker :)drool), Han Solo :)drool:drool) and Darth Vader. I'm so surprised that they would do characters like Endor Rebels and that Empirial Praj guy but not Vader. :confused:

We need:

lando.jpg

I has to be Vader. How much longer could they possibly wait? Unless there's something about their contract that says they can't do him. For me, the three characters that sybolized Star Wars for me were Luke Skywalker :)drool), Han Solo :)drool:drool) and Darth Vader. I'm so surprised that they would do characters like Endor Rebels and that Empirial Praj guy but not Vader. :confused:

They just want him to be perfect is all. But while they're waiting, let's see some REBEL FLEET TROOPERS and their fearless leader, ANH CAPTAIN COLTON ANTILLES!!!

I think that the Jabba set is one hard act to follow. More than anything else, it expanded our expectations of their Star Wars line.

It hard to remember what was the wow factor of last year's con.. Was it the presentation of the Hobbits?

I agree. Last year's SW announcements weren't nearly as memorable as the year before.

Well, maybe you're new to the line so here's a little history of SSC Star Wars. Sideshow's never made armored figures before and have been performing research and development for sometime. As has been revealed with the Clone Wars Obi-Wan, Sideshow's armored figures also feature a new body made to be smaller to keep the armor size true to scale as it's made of thicker material that would look too big on a standard body.

So, only very recently, Sideshow has begun it's armored figures, so it's not that Vader was passed over for less relevant characters, but they were not ready for him.

Add to that, there are features with Sideshow's PF Vader that many, including myself, see as imperfections, particularly when other pieces have been made without those issues, so there is a pressure with Vader to not only make him but to make him just right. Vader is pretty much the most important figure of the line in collector's minds and I'm sure Sideshow's, so his creation will be a labor of great love, attention and craftsmanship.

Well, maybe you're new to the line so here's a little history of SSC Star Wars. Sideshow's never made armored figures before and have been performing research and development for sometime. As has been revealed with the Clone Wars Obi-Wan, Sideshow's armored figures also feature a new body made to be smaller to keep the armor size true to scale as it's made of thicker material that would look too big on a standard body.

So, only very recently, Sideshow has begun it's armored figures, so it's not that Vader was passed over for less relevant characters, but they were not ready for him.

Add to that, there are features with Sideshow's PF Vader that many, including myself, see as imperfections, particularly when other pieces have been made without those issues, so there is a pressure with Vader to not only make him but to make him just right. Vader is pretty much the most important figure of the line in collector's minds and I'm sure Sideshow's, so his creation will be a labor of great love, attention and craftsmanship.

:lecture

Plus they need to make Captain Antilles first so he can have somebody to strangle when he arrives. :rolleyes:

Here are my predictions.

1:1 Grievous Bust
Versus Diorama, likely and OT Saber duel
1/6 Clone Trooper, they have that armor molded already
ROTS Obi-Wan PF Figure
1/6 Padme from TPM

I'm not anticipating any big showing from any one group, like no super 1/6 display or anything, but a healthy assortment of products across the various product types produced for Star Wars.

A 1/6 Padme from TPM?... I'd rather a PF of Queen Amidala from TPM.
But I'd agree with:

1/1 Grievous
Vs. Dio (from the OT... ESB hopefully)
1/6 Clone Trooper
and maybe... maybe... if we're good boys and (pretend:rolleyes:) girls a Vader AND an interior Millenium Falcon c_o_c_k_pit 1/6 size.

And not everybody wants disco Lando. There are many, many characters I'd like to see before him. But, if it makes people happy, I'm all for it. As long as it gets me CAPTAIN ANTILLES!!! :cool:

Lando... helps to blow up Death Star II.
Captain Antilles... gets choked out and tossed into a wall like a wet hanky.

You make the call.:D

As much as Praji was obscure, I'd say Antilles is even worse. I don't know what reference materials LFL may have of him, but from the film, you don't get a good enough look at him for an accurrate sculpt. Other than having unique uniform, I can see a Captain Antilles figure looking like any old guy in a Rebel Trooper costume.

They just want him to be perfect is all. But while they're waiting, let's see some REBEL FLEET TROOPERS and their fearless leader, ANH CAPTAIN COLTON ANTILLES!!!
You seem to really like captains... Captain. ;D
As much as Praji was obscure, I'd say Antilles is even worse. I don't know what reference materials LFL may have of him, but from the film, you don't get a good enough look at him for an accurrate sculpt. Other than having unique uniform, I can see a Captain Antilles figure looking like any old guy in a Rebel Trooper costume.

How about if they included an alternate "Vader is choking me" headsculpt?

Come to think of it, an Antilles would make a good companion figure for an ANH Vader, especially if some good way to pose them together were provided....

Lando... helps to blow up Death Star II.
Captain Antilles... gets choked out and tossed into a wall like a wet hanky.

You make the call.:D

I already did--CAPTAIN ANTILLES!!! Lando? BORING. The Captain? AWESOME!!! I mean, all the "cool characters" have pathetic endings too. Jango? Jetpack. Boba? Jetpack. That's right kids, at least the good Captain died protecting the Death Star plans. Loyal to the end, that's him!

Yeah, I know he's random, but it's not really the character--it's that COSTUME!!! It's my favorite one in all the Saga, more than any other. It's what I think the rebellion should have looked like, and I LOVE those helmets--they're the BEST! I even made up a character when I was little, a rebel captain who naturally wore the same uniform. Getting him in 1:6 would finally allow me to make a perfect custom version of that character. I want it so bad . . .

You seem to really like captains... Captain. ;D

How about if they included an alternate "Vader is choking me" headsculpt?

Come to think of it, an Antilles would make a good companion figure for an ANH Vader, especially if some good way to pose them together were provided....

Yes, yes! See kids, he really is a great choice for a figure! Better than those boring Imperials. :cool:

The poll that Sideshow did has me thinking Clone. But then, the poll they did in the beginning of the line made me think Padme would be the first EU character and that didn't happen, so...

Yeah,your beating a 3 year old corpse!:lol

In other words Sideshow has some mad marketing skills.

Back