SDCC 2008 Star Wars Predicions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader really isn't as armored as many make him out to be. It's essentially just a helmet, shoulder/chest pieces, and shin pieces. The rest is basically leather and cloth material.

Vader really isn't as armored as many make him out to be. It's essentially just a helmet, shoulder/chest pieces, and shin pieces. The rest is basically leather and cloth material.

That's what I've been saying all along, but some people act like there's some major engineering feat involved. Never understood that.

I agree, he's far from overly armoured. In fact there's a lot less than on that new Kenobi figure.
But what SST have to do, and have to do very well is the full 2 stage removal helmet with 'at very least' as accurate detail as the Medi version.
If they can't pull this off then there's no point, Medi win....SST can't let that happen if they want their Vader to be a flagship of this line they HAVE to WIN this round to be taken seriously, and I hope they do!

I agree, he's far from overly armoured. In fact there's a lot less than on that new Kenobi figure.
But what SST have to do, and have to do very well is the full 2 stage removal helmet with 'at very least' as accurate detail as the Medi version.
If they can't pull this off then there's no point, Medi win....SST can't let that happen if they want their Vader to be a flagship of this line they HAVE to WIN this round to be taken seriously, and I hope they do!

Agreed, but I think it'll be some time before that challenge occurs. I think the first Vader figure we'll get from Sideshow is ANH and a reveal helmet isn't appropriate for that figure. Right now, the bar they have to beat with an ANH Vader is their PF and they need to surpass that helmet significantly or it'll be crash and burn and they'll never even step into the ring with Medi Vader.

For me it's about 2 things scale & the helmet, It's got to look like Prowse is in the suit and second the helmet has to be as movie accurate as possible (something neither the SSC PF or the Medicom achieved IMO. PS this isn't a burn on the Medi...so let's not go there) the only ones that come close are some of Hurricane's customs at this point.... I know I couldn't bring myself to buy it if it looked like the PF, If it is as good as the Medicom I would be happy, but with a few minor adjustments SSC could make it fantastic c'mon SSC we are waiting :p Ohh and no skimping on the sculpts either I want ROTS, ANH, ESB & ROTJ to all be different and look like the on screen version

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what was so off on the PF, I pretty much stick to 1/6 figs so don't tend to follow feedback on statues + PF's (The helmet wasn't removeable was it?)

I have a feeling SS's helmets/heads are going to be too big.But here's hoping for a movie accurate helmet/head.

DSC00293-1.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

There he is.

I think his face mask is extended too far out,and his head shield is not big enough.

DSC00314.jpg

Here's another one with Boba.You can totally see that Boba's helmet has no flare in it at all.Look's like a bucket.

Vader actually looks good in this pic.

I'm normally reserved about predictions to avoid dissapointment, but I have a feeling we will be getting a lot at SDCC. By the time the Aayla PPO is done it will pretty much be the end of May, which may be the last Star Wars PPO until SDCC. That will mean that the first two quarters of 2008 will have given us Clone Wars Obi and Aayla, that's an EU character and a minor character as an exclusive. Surely they are setting us up for a big hit!!!!!

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what was so off on the PF, I pretty much stick to 1/6 figs so don't tend to follow feedback on statues + PF's (The helmet wasn't removeable was it?)

There's just something off about the shapes of things that when you look at it, sure it looks like Darth Vader and it's an impressive overall piece, but when you really take a good look at it, you don't get that "popped off the screen" feeling, which the same goes for the Boba Fett PF, they're not 100% correct to film, but close enough you know who you're looking at. As 1/6 collector, Medi's set the bar for me with their Fetts and Vaders. Both helmets from them have all the right angles and really nail the look, and I'm so used to that, it would feel like a step backward if Sideshow's didn't match as well or better.

I have a feeling SS's helmets/heads are going to be too big.But here's hoping for a movie accurate helmet/head.

I could care less if it's not completely scale to body, as long as the shapes, angles and sizes of the pieces are correct to Vader's helmet.

Back