Action Figure Scifi67's RAH GI JOE Team (Recondo hat upgrade)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scifi67 GI Joe customs

Thanks for all the comments and compliments!

Ok here is the breakdown on my Flint upgraded gear. The only thing I used from Sideshow was the shell bandoleer, shells and the eagle buckle. I removed all the shells, remove the bandoleer from the harness and took the buckle off the belt. You may need the bullets off the belt too, I used the bullets off of the DML Patton figure from a few years ago. I filled a small bowl with water (about a half inch) then added oliver drab acrylic paint, mixed it up and drop the bandoleer in to the mix. When you take it out let it drip dry do not use paper towels to dry, they suck out the paint. I used a hair dryer to speed things up, and repeated two or three more times. I did the same thing to the drop down holster I had but it should work on SS drop down too. The buckles got painted gold as did the jumpwings, I'll post paint brands and names tonight. The two belts are cut from an old wallet I had and the side pouches are from the Patton figure too. The harness is made from two of DML Blackhawk Down Delta cloth harnesses and I glued the bandoleers to the harness with Fab Tac. I had to cut the back side of the loops (top and bottom) off of the bandoleer for a better fit. I also used a DML green watch to match the original figure and added two canteens from DML's Delta figure too. I plan on doing the water treatment on him to get his pants to hang more natural. The main goal on Flint was to match the original as close as I could and besides the gloves I think I got pretty close. YO JOE!

Yeah, I thought the Flint Sideshow gave me was fine, but after seeing yours, it's those key details that make him have jaw-dropping likeness. Outstanding job.

So I hit all three with the water treatment and gave them all craft foam waist lines to help bulk the boys up.
picture.php

I also gave Flint a pair of Indy gloves painted brown.
picture.php

picture.php

Duke went old school and lost the t-shirt and gloves.
picture.php

picture.php

SnakeEyes ditched the vest and belt and went back to his old gloves.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

I love the new Flint vs Zartan diorama and wanted to see my Flint in Rambo mode...
picture.php

picture.php

The sheath looks greener in hand.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

They look Great! Flint's always been my favorite Joe. I have the Flint vs. Zartan dio on order. I hope they do some others that are just as awesome! At any rate well done sir!

Looks good, probably going to tweak my Flint in the same ways after I get to repainting him as well.

Here are some group shots of my Joe team. The customs are all Dragon based and are from 2005ish, several still need finishing touches done. I had to stand Roadblock on my Blackberry to give him height, I'm still looking for a good body for him. As SSC rolls out the Joes I'm using my customs to get them to the classic look ie Flint and Duke and I plan the same for Beachhead. Note his new mask I bought right before I got the shipping notice so I never adjusted the mask.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll post some single shots later.

Loving the group :rock

I need to work on my Joe's, I just have so much love for Cobra :devil :lol

Here are some group shots of my Joe team. The customs are all Dragon based and are from 2005ish, several still need finishing touches done. I had to stand Roadblock on my Blackberry to give him height, I'm still looking for a good body for him. As SSC rolls out the Joes I'm using my customs to get them to the classic look ie Flint and Duke and I plan the same for Beachhead. Note his new mask I bought right before I got the shipping notice so I never adjusted the mask.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll post some single shots later.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Back