DETOLF Build and Custom LED Setup Instructions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent tutorial! :goodpost:

Is it normal if the metal rails are wobbly after assembling the detolf? Coz mine are too wobbly for my taste and I'm afraid the glass shelf might slip off during an earthquake.

Im looking into doing something like this. Hopefully you are stilla round to answer this question:
The harness that you made. Im assuming both sides connect together... so that it only needs one DC Power Cable Male Connector Plug per detolf?
Also, how are all the deltofs receiving power? From the one power adapter? If so how did you make that possible?

08632570e3ee690395bb1643695ccf1f.jpg

Added lights to second detolf :D . Thanks again xipotec for doing this tutorial. Easier to adjust wire lengths in case I need to.

Btw. Left leds is covered(glued on) in parchment paper to make light warmer. Will eventually do the right as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is brilliant. The whole reason I haven't lit my detolf so is because I don't want a bunch of ugly wires running all over the inside. This looks like a very clean solution.

what if I have 6 detolfs ....what kind of connection do I use for all of them to be on 1 Power Supply?

08632570e3ee690395bb1643695ccf1f.jpg

Added lights to second detolf :D . Thanks again xipotec for doing this tutorial. Easier to adjust wire lengths in case I need to.

Btw. Left leds is covered(glued on) in parchment paper to make light warmer. Will eventually do the right as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great work! Looks fantastic!

what if I have 6 detolfs ....what kind of connection do I use for all of them to be on 1 Power Supply?
I recommend on 75 watt per detolf.

Were the materials listed on the first page (stuff from Amazon) for one detolf?

What do you use to stick the LED strips under the ikea glass shelves? Coz mine always falls off. I was thinking because of the heat of the LED, the double sided sticker that came with it is not too strong enough to hold it in place.

This is awesome bnut i really dont trust the Kallax to hold 130kg of weight or even more. Even with making it stronger, it is still made out of cardboard.

This is awesome bnut i really dont trust the Kallax to hold 130kg of weight or even more. Even with making it stronger, it is still made out of cardboard.

I've had three detolfs sitting on one for quite a while now and have had no problems.

This is awesome bnut i really dont trust the Kallax to hold 130kg of weight or evenZ more. Even with making it stronger, it is still made out of cardboard.
Dude, no way in hell that Kallax will every have an issue. I could stand on it with zero problems.

My setup is on it, no problems . The Kallax is press wood not cardboard.

this is exactly what I've been looking for. Just fantastic! many thanks!

Great post! Found this video from someone that did the same led setup. When splicing the wires, he solders them after twisting. Since it's not in your instructions, I'm assuming this isn't necessary but I'm wondering if there's an advantage to soldering the splices?

Also, the step where you're splicing the led connectors into the long trail of wire, are you just twisting three wires together to make the connection? I just wanna be sure about how a splice like this is achieved.

Back