Scarlett Johansson to star in GHOST IN THE SHELL feature film from Dreamworks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GITS > AKIRA
No two ways about it.

AKIRA is a stupid pretentious entertainment compared to GitS.
And that's only when comparin' manga sources.

Animation and music are the only two good things AKIRA film has.
Everything else about it is trash not worthy of dark yet cool manga.

P.S. AKIRA should be a Netflix series with lots of swears and blood

Ghost in the Shell is good for all ages and anime tastes, but especially appropriate for people with short attention spans and who sleep on a stool.

Akira is the preferred choice for good-looking, culturally-discerning intellectuals.

post-51491-LOST-Hurley-WHAT-gif-Imgur-gfy-hgvM.gif

Ugh. I'm sorry, and I'll catch **** for this, but I can't compare Akira to GITS - I don't even like it mentioned in this thread. :lol

I respect people's opinions about Akira, but I think GITS (movie) was far superior. All a matter of taste. I know.

I like both films but GitS beats Akira in my book. And you're right, it's all just a matter of taste. :duff

Never read GITS manga. I've read AKIRA and it's fantastic. I don't even watch the anime anymore because I enjoyed the manga that much. To be honest, AKIRA and GITS 1995 aren't even on my top list of favorites. I appreciate their technical artisrty but neither is one that I look forward to watching again.

Ugh. I'm sorry, and I'll catch **** for this, but I can't compare Akira to GITS - I don't even like it mentioned in this thread. [emoji38]

I respect people's opinions about Akira, but I think GITS (movie) was far superior. All a matter of taste. I know.
I honestly thought that was going in the opposite direction lol this is probably the first time I heard someone actually talk bad about Akira. Ghost in a shell is a fine anime but I never considered it that great.

This movie looks cool though.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Let me reiterate:

Akira > Blade Runner

No two ways about it.

AKIRA is a stupid pretentious entertainment compared to GitS.
And that's only when comparin' manga sources.

Animation and music are the only two good things AKIRA film has.
Everything else about it is trash not worthy of dark yet cool manga.

P.S. AKIRA should be a Netflix series with lots of swears and blood

Exactly!!!

You see what you get, Gaspar!! You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans!!!

96240xS.png

Bunch of slack jawed plebs around here.

The immovable fact is Akira > GITS and anyone who disagrees needs a lobotomy and be shunned from civilization.

I'm going to be honest... this doesn't look completely terrible. I'm actually considering seeing it in theaters now.

Back