Scarlett Johansson to star in GHOST IN THE SHELL feature film from Dreamworks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this movie could end up being surprisingly good though, maybe we could get another Dredd 3D.
No way. DREDD was great because the plot was simple as **** and the whole thing wasn't an adaptation of another adaptation.

ScarJo as Kusanagi is fine, and yes, anyone who disagrees is either a poor SJW or doesn't have a clue about GITS.
Or, like me, just doesn't like Scar Jo. :dunno

:lol :lol

At least the spider tanks look creepy

IMG_6675.JPG

I wonder what they'll go with Akira, now Akira is a special case because its Japanese roots are a pivotal part of the story, if you take away the Japanese culture of Akira you're taking away half of what makes it relevant and half of it's depth and soul, I suppose you can always repurpose something for a western culture, or make it lighter and focus of just technology instead of Japanese nationalism, but it's gonna lack personality.

Exhibit A. Beautifully put, couldn't have thought of a better contradiction example myself :lol

If Nolan does do Akira as his next film or whenever I bet he WILL stay close to the Japanese roots- bet it will be in Tokyo, etc but main charaxcter might still be white...for sake of box office of course...

If Nolan does do Akira as his next film or whenever I bet he WILL stay close to the Japanese roots- bet it will be in Tokyo, etc but main charaxcter might still be white...for sake of box office of course...

who would he hire for the main role?

Ugh. I'm sorry, and I'll catch **** for this, but I can't compare Akira to GITS - I don't even like it mentioned in this thread. :lol

I respect people's opinions about Akira, but I think GITS (movie) was far superior. All a matter of taste. I know.

Then he'd be faking it, I'd rather they scrapped the Japanese influence altogether if they plan to do that.

Ugh. I'm sorry, and I'll catch **** for this, but I can't compare Akira to GITS - I don't even like it mentioned in this thread. :lol

I respect people's opinions about Akira, but I think GITS (movie) was far superior.
No.

GITS > AKIRA
No.

Holy ****. Akira is light years ahead of GITS and still is to most modern works of fiction.

Hell, Akira > Blade Runner itself.

I like GITS, but get the **** out of here. :lol

Wew. The nerve.

:lol :lol :lol

john.gif

But given that I have already received jye's backing, I feel totally in the right here. End thread. I win teh internetz. :lecture

j/k

I see the appeal of Akira, but I just never appreciated it as much as some. I do respect your opinion though. :rock

Back