S.F.B.T finally available to order...Review posted, page 5.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: S.F.B.T finally available to order... but its $300

Interesting, but I'm not sure if it's $300 interesting. Though a Spiderman figure with some of this articulation could be very interesting!

If the QC was up to par and I had a spare 300 I'd be on it like a seagull onto a hot chip :)

Dsc00112.jpg~original

Dsc00108.jpg~original

That looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting pics DeadLeaves :)

Cheeze, that thing is just beautiful, would so love to get one of these. Congrats DL on what was a brave punt, that looks to have been very rewarding!:yess::banana:monkey5

How robust does she feel, and was there any kind of 'designed' packaging?

I guess I should do a quick review, well just first impressions.

The packaging is just a simple cardboard box with the S.F.B.T-3 logo, inside is an instruction sheet in Japanese & a copy in English for the international orders. A figure stand with a couple of neat little turn screw clamps on an adapter peg that plugs into the small of the figures back. and the figure itself in a zip-lock bag. All packed out in bubble wrap. It has an old school garage kit feel to it, very underwhelming.

Here's some pics I found online that show the box, stand & some pretty cool poses.

https://noblog.egloos.com/3280860

The figure itself is very well made, I'm not sure what it's made out of, but the instructions say "Not plastics". There's a ton of tiny moving parts that interact with each other when you articulate the limbs and torso. Looks fragile, but feels quite solid and firm.

The joints move around nicely, best way to describe it is they "glide" as you move them around the range of movement - and that range is pretty damn impressive! I haven't ever seen a 1/6th body that can sit cross legged.

Due to the fluid movement she tends to slowly settle in most stances, so the stand is unfortunately needed. I wouldn't want to test her diving skills.

The "PERS" isn't that easy to use, you pretty much have to pull the head apart to pose the eyes & they are basically just sitting inside the head.

Overall I'm really happy with it, I can see where the money went, the engineering is off the scale. She would have taken hours to put together alone, not to mention casting and trimming all those separate parts. A really unique figure for the collection!

Well done DeadLeaves, sounds like it's been really well resolved - it's such a cool piece :clap

Question for DeadLeaves: I just got my SFBT-3 today, and was looking at the instructions, the maker's site, and in the head, and I can't figure out how that flap in the back opens to move the eyes. Do you have an ideas on that?

I ordered in early July, and was waiting for international orders to open up for a while before that, so the last thing I want to do is put a crack in it anywhere. ;)

The ordering process could use a little work: sending $319 to a random email address through PayPal isn't a warm-and-fuzzy kind of feeling, but I didn't have any problems, and the figure itself is just way cool.

I agree that it's amazingly well-designed and put together. I was impressed when I saw the first images on the M-Field site, and now that I have one, I'm even more impressed.

There's a small gap at the top of that panel on the back of her head, I just used my finger nail to ease it open. A tooth pick would work too.

Congrats! :rock

Ah, thanks! You're right, with a toothpick it's easy to get at that panel. Now if I knew of a way to change out the eyes for something a little cooler, that would be perfect. :D

I saw that they sold a bunch of different colors of eyes at some festival in Japan, but it was a one-time deal, I think.

Thanks for posting Bandito. The figure seems pretty robust. And no screws... this thing is an amazing piece of engineering/design. I really should be picking this up, but I've got too much else to budget for and can't bring myself to push the button. Bumr.

He seems to manhandle her with no problem. As fragile as it looks, it seems pretty robust.

The possibility that this figure would turn out too fragile to enjoy posing was the only thing really holding me back on purchasing it... the $300 makes it tough, but... I'm buckling!

so......damn.....cute.....must.....resist+_3f83c0eb650b3c622f78df5a227538be.gif

The possibility that this figure would turn out too fragile to enjoy posing was the only thing really holding me back on purchasing it... the $300 makes it tough, but... I'm buckling!

so......damn.....cute.....must.....resist+_3f83c0eb650b3c622f78df5a227538be.gif

Trust me, if I could afford it, I would buckle too. Absolutely amazing engineering. :thud:

1/6 super poseable body SFBT-3 review

Just ordered this last month. Originally it was scheduled to be delivered in December. However, it has arrived early this week way ahead of schedule.

The package is a simple hard cardboard box. With some special note written in Japanese on the outside. The figure and stand are wrapped separately in bubble wraps.
030735js8mrsb39dm0b4s9.jpg

The content includes the figure, stand, and user manual in both English and Japanese. Typical 1/6 figure body has about 30 points of articulation. This one has 80+.
030840gj0z4u0kxoi0jjhe.jpg

Let's start with headsculpt. It is typical Japanese anime style.
030858dbo9cbxlcb4s4394.jpg

Both eyeballs and eyelids are movable.
030925tl04pmaw2rgr50fm.jpg

The face portion and back head can be separated.
Or you can open the door on the back of the head to access the control.
The mechanism is very similar to HT DX figures. You move both eyes at the same time with one control.
030954up1gvzgg7ibdvyes.jpg

I am going to skip the standard features such as double joint elbow or double joint knee and focus on special features.

First of all, the shoulder and breast are linked. When you raise the arm, you also lift up the breast. From the picture, you can see the difference between the right and the left breast.
031042g47z9dq4so2v3jqp.jpg

The back is also linked as seen from the picture.
031107t6bt9n7to82b622k.jpg

Next is the shoulder movement. Left is the highest position and right is the lowest.
031126p99zeairnne3m9hd.jpg

Moving shoulder all the way back.
031153k1on2edcdzlzplpd.jpg

Moving shoulder all the way forward.
031214w6q3y8fiiyrjvjnj.jpg

Back