Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

The storm troopers are useless in this movie. This is a true SW film!! :lol

HvctnV5.gif

NYKp6ll.gif

So true. They supposed be the most fearful force in the galaxy and yet a group of them gets they're asses handed to them by a 100Lb girl, and a guy with a stick.

Yup.

Disney doesn't hate the PT... if they did... she would not have been cast.

I was hoping she would be recast as MM. In the L8TWRTR version of the Episode 3 he puts her scenes back in the movie and they had a good flavor. Seeing her in this will just cement them as the real versions in my own personal head canon.

So true. They supposed be the most fearful force in the galaxy and yet a group of them gets they're asses handed to them by a 100Lb girl, and a guy with a stick.

That's nothing, wait until you see what happens to them in E6 when they get to Endor!

The Stormtroopers continue to be cannon fodder probably to make the Deathtroopers more fearsome by comparison. Also to make matters worse, I think Donnie Yen's character is also blind :lol So I guess blind > blind aim.

The Stormtroopers continue to be cannon fodder probably to make the Deathtroopers more fearsome by comparison. Also to make matters worse, I think Donnie Yen's character is also blind :lol So I guess blind > blind aim.

FO trooper would've blown his head off already

Nice to see Katniss return, and love how in a galaxy far far away they called "assault" and "resisting arrest" asault and resisting arrest... kinda took me out of it

and love how in a galaxy far far away they called "assault" and "resisting arrest" asault and resisting arrest... kinda took me out of it

:lol nothing pc at all :lol

Nice to see Katniss return, and love how in a galaxy far far away they called "assault" and "resisting arrest" asault and resisting arrest... kinda took me out of it

Weird. I wasn't bothered by that at all... Now the Skywalker theme took me out a bit... but surely that isn't in the final score... hopefully... maybe....

So you were fine with them using English terms in all the movies up until now, what's changed? As an example there's no reason they should use 'love'

Weird. I wasn't bothered by that at all... Now the Skywalker theme took me out a bit... but surely that isn't in the final score... hopefully... maybe....

That's actually "The Force Theme". Luke's Theme is actually one of the refrains from The Main Theme.

So you were fine with them using English terms in all the movies up until now, what's changed? As an example there's no reason they should use 'love'

Love is used pretty prominently in RotJ

"Celebrate the light! Yoh-Wa! Celebrate the light! GLORY! Celebrate the luuuuuuuv. Celebrate the luuuuuuv. Celebrate the LUUUUUUUUUUUUUV"

for the most part yes, I am just pointing out these particular phrases. for example they say credits instead of dollars, both are english words but one is a bigger reality to us, and the others helps build the fantasy. does that makes sense?

edit: now that im thinking about empire, they do use assault when attacking the shield generator, its doesnt bother me there, but it seems to here, I dont know what it is particularly

for the most part yes, I am just pointing out these particular phrases. for example they say credits instead of dollars, both are english words but one is a bigger reality to us, and the others helps build the fantasy. does that makes sense?

:exactly:

I love the trailer but the english law and order terms (aggravated assault lol) made me think of them as US and not SW characters.

Well yeah, but Leia is a traitor, Han is a rogue and a scoundrel, they are all rebels etc. There are many different currencies, so using a different word makes sense, how are yiu going to let an audience know that she resisted arrest without using a bunch of very awkward words?

Well yeah, but Leia is a traitor, Han is a rogue and a scoundrel, they are all rebels etc. There are many different currencies, so using a different word makes sense, how are yiu going to let an audience know that she resisted arrest without using a bunch of very awkward words?

"escaped/ evaded capture" would be a start

But from my POV capture is different to arrest. So saying it your way doesn't sound like she's resisting the authorities so much as running from the mob or something similiar

and from POV the jedi are evil! :lol

but the empire is a repressive regime that everyone is against (seemingly) so they are kind of the MOB of the Galaxy. they dont offer trials or court precedings, so Capture would be fine in the context of the galaxy far far away

Back