Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

But don't you think that could be intentional? That it will play into the larger story somehow? I don't think it was an accident.

kara is stealing my narrative that I stole from others :gah:

Yeah, that ***** is going dark hence her hello mary sue prom night 2 shtick. :lol

Also, if the Rey/Mary Sue thing wasn't true, or atleast half true, there wouldn't be so many discussions, videos and articles about it. It's not just something that spawned out of nowhere. There must be something there if you have droves of people having to come in and rescue the critique with long, ranting blogs that attempt to contradict each and every point people have made.

If it weren't an issue, nobody would be talking about it. It would have never been brought up or so widespread. These things don't just come out of nowhere. People saw the movie and noticed it. Plain and simple.

I don't even think she's a bad character, she very likable imo, and Mary Sues can be done right, hell Superman is a total Gary Stu if done right, and it's a hell of a character at that.

Nope, I see nails, then I pick up the hammer. Some people see nails, and they don't think they're nails so they pick up duct tape. At least regarding this issue.

So yeah you're right about the bias.

Like I said, perfect is subjective, if I ever called her "perfect", I meant she's perfect for the plot, but I don't recall calling her that.

No, it is so. Unless you mean the effort that is required to move the arm up to force grab the lightsaber, then sure, it does take her some effort. And you're forgetting all the other MS traits she fits right into.

If you watch the movie it's quite clear, many times, how much effort it takes her to do things.

I'm not forgetting Mary Sue traits. It's impossible to keep up with all of them since there is no one true definition. A little while ago you were worried this new girl would be a Mary Sue because of her insubordination or whatever. :lol. Until that changed, too.

It's cool. She can be your Mary Sue.

Thought the trailer was good. I was hoping for a Kelly's Heroes/Dirty Dozen style movie, which it doesn't look like it will be, but it still looks like it could be good fun

I haven't been following this argument, that apparently was raging regarding Force Awakens. But I'm with you guys. It definitely stuck out to me that Rey was way too impressive than she should have been. But then, my theory is that she'll turn to the dark side, as a function of this. When you get power too easily, you can't really appreciate it. Kylo will end up redeeming himself by taking out Evil Queen Rey.

Kara's with us.

If you watch the movie it's quite clear, many times, how much effort it takes her to do things.

I'm not forgetting Mary Sue traits. It's impossible to keep up with all of them since there is no one true definition. A little while ago you were worried this new girl would be a Mary Sue because of her insubordination or whatever. :lol. Until that changed, too.

It's cool. She can be your Mary Sue.
I've watched the movie several times, no effort, if by effort you mean the physical effort required at the moment and nothing else, then sure, she "struggled" and "worked" for all that.

"There is no true definition" :lol

Not her insubordination, her tryhard aura, which is a pretty good sign, that hasn't changed, you can have an attitude without being a tryhard, but like I already said, before you keep remembering how I "change" things, the trailer could be unrepresentative. :dunno:

Rey's not my Mary Sue, she's just a Mary Sue.

Also, if the Rey/Mary Sue thing wasn't true, or atleast half true, there wouldn't be so many discussions, videos and articles about it. It's not just something that spawned out of nowhere. There must be something there if you have droves of people having to come in and rescue the critique with long, ranting blogs that attempt to contradict each and every point people have made.

If it weren't an issue, nobody would be talking about it. It would have never been brought up or be so widespread. These things don't just come out of nowhere. People saw the movie and noticed it. Plain and simple. Cover your ears and shake your head all you want, it is what it is.

First thing I thought when I exited the movie. Rey was cool....maybe too cool. Luke wasn't that cool till the final movie in his trilogy.

Not her insubordination, her tryhard aura, which is a pretty good sign, that hasn't changed, you can have an attitude without being a tryhard . . .

Rey-and-Han.jpg

My wife after the trailer was like:

Another girl?
Who is she now?
Is this after E7, the bad guys built another planet again?
Is she related to Rey?
Is this the sequel to Rey's movie?
Why are they jumping all over the place with these movies?

FML :lol

To get off the topic of Rey . . .

I'm glad the old, classic Stortoopers are back. I hated how TFA duck troopers looked with their short, squat, stature and weird, over designed helmets.

I'm glad the old, classic Stortoopers are back. I hated how TFA duck troopers looked with their short, squat, stature and weird, over designed helmets.

Yeah, and the new designs look pretty awesome too.

I tried to like the TFA ST, but just couldn't, they're not terrible, they're still pretty original compared to most sci-fi armors, but nothing like the old ones.

The only thing I don't like is the seemingly new look of the ATAT's

I've watched the movie several times, no effort, if by effort you mean the physical effort required at the moment and nothing else, then sure, she "struggled" and "worked" for all that.

"There is no true definition" :lol

Not her insubordination, her tryhard aura, which is a pretty good sign, that hasn't changed, you can have an attitude without being a tryhard, but like I already said, before you keep remembering how I "change" things, the trailer could be unrepresentative. :dunno:

Some effort isn't no effort. Aren't you the one arguing how cut and dry this is? Every example I give you'll counter by saying "well not that way, this way...."

It's really a pointless argument (which is why I tried to bow out before it started). And yes, if you research the term it just keeps changing from what it originally meant.

So I'll just leave it at that.

Absolutely. I don't like the Quack Legion. Loved seeing all the classic stuff in this trailer - that shot of the Star Destroyer becoming overshadowed as the giant dish thing of the Death Star is being installed :drool

I'm reasonably optimistic about this.

Also Mon Mothma.

Back