Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

Looks Star Wars to me. Not sure why this photo is receiving hate, the ones complaining will still be seeing the movie :lol

Re: Star Wars: Rogue One - December 16, 2016

I like the pic, doesn't look like Star Wars in the slightest, like at aaaaaall.

But I like it, looks more like Suicide Squad for some reason.

Rank/data cylinders
Hoth / Endor pack in black
Stormy hand backs
Solo style parka with ribbing down the sleeves

To me, this is Dark Times EU/Graphic Novels, it fits perfectly in. Star Wars is not just Stormtroopers, One Jedi, and Han Solo. It is a whole galaxy with thousands and thousands of planets, species, and groups of rebels. This is one group, this is Rogue Squadron.

EI69wSJ.gif

gimme-five.gif

So "strong" that she was poorly written. Probably the least interesting, undeveloped character in the old films.

She was an emotionless shell of a...."human" being, although she might be a socialpath. She is given no reaction scene or developed character trauma for any of the following

(1) her home planet (not house, not family, not city, not her dog; HER PLANET) is destroyed in an unprecedented display of power in front of her
(2) at some point she must realize the man who tortured her and destroyed her planet is her father...in ROTJ.
(3) she is made into a scantily clad slave-girl by a disgusting worm alien pervert, who may or may not have raped her.
(4) And don't forget that great moment when she kissed her own brother romantically.

The only time she is ever given emotion is upon witnessing Han get frozen in carbonite. Han: the guy who led her on and then didn't even return her "I love you" properly. :lol

Damn this guy has points.

So "strong" that she was poorly written. Probably the least interesting, undeveloped character in the old films.

She was an emotionless shell of a...."human" being, although she might be a socialpath. She is given no reaction scene or developed character trauma for any of the following

(1) her home planet (not house, not family, not city, not her dog; HER PLANET) is destroyed in an unprecedented display of power in front of her
(2) at some point she must realize the man who tortured her and destroyed her planet is her father...in ROTJ.
(3) she is made into a scantily clad slave-girl by a disgusting worm alien pervert, who may or may not have raped her.
(4) And don't forget that great moment when she kissed her own brother romantically.

The only time she is ever given emotion is upon witnessing Han get frozen in carbonite. Han: the guy who led her on and then didn't even return her "I love you" properly. :lol

1) They did film a reaction to the planet's destruction, it just got cut from the movie. She starts to break down and can barely spit out "and you call yourselves humans?"
2) Hence she starts crying and collapses into Han's arms.
3) and she murders the **** out of him with hisnown chain.
4) consodering neither of them knew that at the time you can't really criticize there.

Anyway, I think this looks awesome and can't wait. And I LOVE that they changed the stupid "Anthologies" series title. Because that made no sense, an anthology is a collection of stories not one individual story within a larger whole.

1) They did film a reaction to the planet's destruction, it just got cut from the movie. She starts to break down and can barely spit out "and you call yourselves humans?"
2) Hence she starts crying and collapses into Han's arms.
3) and she murders the **** out of him with hisnown chain.
4) consodering neither of them knew that at the time you can't really criticize there.

Anyway, I think this looks awesome and can't wait. And I LOVE that they changed the stupid "Anthologies" series title. Because that made no sense, an anthology is a collection of stories not one individual story within a larger whole.

They never explore her character. Like you said, the scene was cut from the film so it never happened, probably because Leia used the word "humans" when talking to people from another planet, thus they probably can't be considered humans. Killing Jabba had more to do with survival,imo, not revenge because she was his slave girl or because she displayed any emotional scaring...which she didn't. Even afterwards it's like nothing happened...she's fine, just another day in her crummy life.The slave girl from Marvel's GOTG seemed more affected by her situation and she was only on screen for 2 minutes.

It's true that Leia and Luke didn't know they were related in ESB, but they ignored the kiss in ROTJ like it never happened, and when Luke reveals to her that they're siblings and that the second most evil man in the galaxy is their father, her response was...hold on..she's about to display a believable, emotional reaction...go ahead Leia, blow us away,

"I know. Somehow.... I've always known". Wait...what? Ok, well... good for her? :lol

Anyway, not even Solo said anything about it. Now granted, it's not a marvel film so I'm not saying Solo should make a joke about it like Tony Stark or something, but that would've been funny :lol

The picture doesn't look overly Star Wars, but it is just one picture so lets not form too many opinions based on that alone. I'm looking forward to this one, it can be Star Wars from a different perspective, the little people of the Galaxy maybe. If they do it right, it could be a very interesting movie... Fingers crossed.

lets not form too many opinions based on that
But that's what marketing guys want us to do. :dunno
Positively or not, people are actually talking about a film that wasn't even filmed yet.
The hype train is already on and you can't stop it.

its cool.. but why the hell is there no alien ??? The Rebels are full of them... so we get a human squad ? not getting it..

its cool.. but why the hell is there no alien ??? The Rebels are full of them... so we get a human squad ? not getting it..

This is supposed to occur around the events of Episode 4. Show me how many rebel pilots were "aliens" in that movie.

This is supposed to occur around the events of Episode 4. Show me how many rebel pilots were "aliens" in that movie.

who says this is about rebel pilots only ?

personally, i can't even begin to question this Star Wars "gift horse"... so very appreciative to be living in these times!

What The First ROGUE ONE Picture Tells Us About The Future Of STAR WARS

Hint: that future doesn't contain a Mystery Box.
By DEVIN FARACI Aug. 17, 2015

This weekend Lucasfilm released the first image from Star Wars: Rogue One, a group shot of the main cast in costume that really captures a specific flavor. The image is recognizably Star Wars but it has a tone and a feel that is unique - this is a Star Wars we've never quite seen onscreen before. I have heard buzz and rumors that the image itself represents the film well, that this is a far grittier, almost Viet Nam-like entry in the canon.

But this picture tells us something far more important than the tone or the look or who in the cast is a lead. It tells us that the Mystery Box, thankfully, is dead.
I thought for sure that the Mystery Box, JJ Abrams' preferred method of keeping everything, no matter how trivial (see: covering up the Starfleet uniforms on the set of the Star Trek reboot), secret, would fall before the marketing might of Lucasfilm and Disney. JJ plays an extreme secrecy game that most studios don't, but for whatever reason they went his way on The Force Awakens. We're a couple of months out from release and it's safe to say that we know very little (officially) about this film.

Ironically that will all change in a couple of weeks as Force Friday hits and toys end up on shelves, revealing a lot of character names and backstories. JJ had the power to block that stuff on Star Trek - he wouldn't allow toys to be made of the USS Vengeance before release, which disappointed licensing partners. Weirdly Admiral Evil had a model of it on his shelf, even though it was top secret in the movie. Anyway...

The Mystery Box reigns supreme on The Force Awakens, and that's just how it's gonna be. But by releasing that cast photo, Lucasfilm is telling us things are changing. Remember, the only picture released from The Force Awakens was a table read photo, with the cast in civilian clothes. We all picked away at that one for weeks and weeks, but this new picture - released just a couple of weeks into filming - is way more satisfying in every way. And it doesn't ruin the film! If anything it gets me even more psyched for it. It gets my mind racing. It also sates my curiousity in a way that makes me less interesting in picking at the film's bigger plot secrets; like all consumers I am dumb and easily distracted.

With Star Wars hitting every year for the rest of our lives there's simply no room for the Mystery Box. These films will no longer be the special events, they're going to be competing in a crowded marketplace with every other franchise and expanded universe. I've heard rumors that there may even be set visits for some of these films, an unthinkable thing when it comes to JJ Abrams movies.

In all fairness the Mystery Box hasn't hurt my excitement for The Force Awakens, but it also hasn't helped. My enthusiasm grows with everything I see from the film, not with staying in the dark. And at this point, so close to a deluge of reveals in tie-in books and toys, Abrams standing on stage at D23 and not showing anything new makes me roll my eyes. Withholding only gets you so far. Nobody is demanding total reveals, but a couple of shots of action shown to the crowd wouldn't have killed the movie. It's weird that we get the confirmation that John Boyega's Finn wields a lightsaber in a poster, not in a cool clip that would have made 7,500 fans - most of whom slept on the floor overnight to get in - go absolutely ****ing mad.

Abrams gonna Abrams. I'm just glad that the Rogue One photo tells us that Lucasfilm hasn't found the Mystery Box to be their new preferred method.

"Many Bothans Died to bring us these plans"

Thought Bothans spies got the Death Star plans, and I thought Bothans were aliens, so why are they all humans?

Am I mis-remembering this?

Edit - Or was that the plans for the second Death Star?

Back