Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One - December 16, 2016

Ahhh Rogue Squadron...genuinely happy memories of that game...

Me too, I recently bought it again just for nostalgia from Good old games. Unfortunately it has a major flaw in that the ship zooms off into the distance, it's pretty unplayable on my pc. Some don't have this issue so much, I sure do, shame. I'd like to see Star Wars: Racer released bug free for modern systems, its one of the best SW games ever made imo.

They finally announced the whole cast today at D23 and showed a cast photo.

Looks like Alan Tudyk, Mads Mikkelsen and Donnie Yen are in it.

Hopefully everything will leak shortly. :lol

Last edited:

rogue-one-cast-photo-d23-1024x682.jpg

Rogue One—The Daring Mission Has Begun: Cast and Crew Announced | StarWars.com

So this film and The Force Awakens have a female as the lead character. Interesting, I guess Kathleen Kennedy really wants to make up for the lack of female characters in the old films by adding lead female roles in the new films. Either that, or they want to capitalize on the Hunger Games popularity, maybe both.

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

Did they tweak the title? The Daring Mission?

I like the atmosphere in the photo. Very guerilla.

So this film and The Force Awakens have a female as the lead character. Interesting, I guess Kathleen Kennedy really wants to make up for the lack of female characters in the old films by adding lead female roles in the new films. Either that, or they want to capitalize on the Hunger Games popularity, maybe both.

Leia was considered a very strong character, especially in the first two films. Nobody wants a wilting flower in the new movies.

I hate that pic. It's about as UnStar Wars-y as you could get.

Aaaaaarrrrrgghhh, what happened to the incredibly designed and unique universe.

Did they tweak the title? The Daring Mission?

I like the atmosphere in the photo. Very guerilla.

Leia was considered a very strong character, especially in the first two films. Nobody wants a wilting flower in the new movies.

So "strong" that she was poorly written. Probably the least interesting, undeveloped character in the old films.

She was an emotionless shell of a...."human" being, although she might be a socialpath. She is given no reaction scene or developed character trauma for any of the following

(1) her home planet (not house, not family, not city, not her dog; HER PLANET) is destroyed in an unprecedented display of power in front of her
(2) at some point she must realize the man who tortured her and destroyed her planet is her father...in ROTJ.
(3) she is made into a scantily clad slave-girl by a disgusting worm alien pervert, who may or may not have raped her.
(4) And don't forget that great moment when she kissed her own brother romantically.

The only time she is ever given emotion is upon witnessing Han get frozen in carbonite. Han: the guy who led her on and then didn't even return her "I love you" properly. :lol

I know there's slot of comparisons to other franchises based on that pic, but having never watched any of those, they look like a rag tag group of Rebels, so I dig it.

Back