Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

As long as the director delivers a solid movie, I'm okay with reshoots.

Yup. Gareth Edwards, JJ Abrams, rewrites, reshoots, blahblahblah...

Bottom line, new Star Wars - hope it's awesome.

But in the meantime....

tumblr_mnoaeruqW71sqoxabo1_500.gif

I think the rough cut was probably great but then Disney saw it.......:slap:gah:

As long as the director delivers a solid movie, I'm okay with reshoots.

Come on man, you're missing the dog pile. This is SURELY going to be poop on a stick. The pre determining crowd has already decreed it.

I'm still really looking forward to it!
I pretty much love all SW. The good, the bad and the prequels... :lol

The latest rumours. 40%!!??

"June 2, 2016
HOW EXTENSIVE WILL THE ROGUE ONE RESHOOTS BE?
by Jason Ward (editor-in-chief)
Since the weekend, there was a lot of dust kicked up on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. By late Sunday night, the news began to hit the gossip sites and the trades alike. I reached out to several sources to find out exactly what was going on with Rogue One. When I asked a few crew members what was being reshot they laughed and said “everything.” Of course they were kidding but from the sound of it, the shooting will be extensive.

Here are the common themes in what people behind the scenes are saying:

Some crew initially heard J.J. Abrams was supervising the reshoots.
Gareth Edwards is doing the reshoots himself but with a partner, Christopher McQuarrie.
Christopher McQuarrie, the final writer on Rogue One will be working extensively with Edwards onset to make sure they’re on the “same page” with the most recent draft of the film.
Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
32 sets have been recreated for the reshoot.
The crew expects they are reshooting 40% of the film.
They are working 6 days a week for 8 weeks."

Wow! Just Wow!

I wonder if we will ever see the original version on disc? Would be quite interesting. Though at this point, there probably is no full edit.

I am still confident the end product will come together, but I'm wondering if this might impact the Directors career negatively, even if the movie we see in December is great.

The latest rumours. 40%!!??

"June 2, 2016
HOW EXTENSIVE WILL THE ROGUE ONE RESHOOTS BE?
by Jason Ward (editor-in-chief)
Since the weekend, there was a lot of dust kicked up on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. By late Sunday night, the news began to hit the gossip sites and the trades alike. I reached out to several sources to find out exactly what was going on with Rogue One. When I asked a few crew members what was being reshot they laughed and said “everything.” Of course they were kidding but from the sound of it, the shooting will be extensive.

Here are the common themes in what people behind the scenes are saying:

Some crew initially heard J.J. Abrams was supervising the reshoots.
Gareth Edwards is doing the reshoots himself but with a partner, Christopher McQuarrie.
Christopher McQuarrie, the final writer on Rogue One will be working extensively with Edwards onset to make sure they’re on the “same page” with the most recent draft of the film.
Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
32 sets have been recreated for the reshoot.
The crew expects they are reshooting 40% of the film.
They are working 6 days a week for 8 weeks."

Film was too serious, Disney felt it needed more 'sense of adventure' and 'comedy'... is what I've heard.

Lots of fodder for the blu ray though one day. Hope the first cut makes an appearance, would love to see what all the stick was about.

I just want to see ANH Vader kicking ass and Tarkin... the rest I could care less about really.

Last edited:

I don't like Disney and I don't like Disney's Star Wars. All those weird new characters in the trailer? I don't care about them, I'm glad to hear they get slaughtered. :lol

Wanna see Darth Vader and CGI Tarkin tho . . .

I don't like Disney and I don't like Disney's Star Wars. All those weird new characters in the trailer? I don't care about them, I'm glad to hear they get slaughtered. :lol

Wanna see Darth Vader and CGI Tarkin tho . . .

:lol :rotfl

I really hope the " horror slasher" scene is a deleted scene or at least leaks.

Heard they cast that pudgy blonde chick and renamed this Trainwreck 2.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

Try not to be such a troll. There's a huge difference between a studio liking a movie enough to give the director $ to shoot additional sequences and a studio wanting to almost completely rework a movie because they're afraid it won't sell enough toys.

I got the impression they wanted a Saving Private Ryan in space film, pity because I think this would've gone down with Aliens as a real sci-fi war film blockbuster popcorn movie.

Try not to be such a troll. There's a huge difference between a studio liking a movie enough to give the director $ to shoot additional sequences and a studio wanting to almost completely rework a movie because they're afraid it won't sell enough toys.

Yeah, if this movie is completely reworked from the leaked plot/outline I am going to be upset.

Not every movie has to be for kids for ****s sake.

Back