Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

But... I had no chance!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I wouldn;t want that Boy George looking dude in my car either.

Are you kidding? Sith not made to make cash? Wow.

No, it could have been a more kid friendly cash in tonally. Lucas (God bless his crazy beard) spoke about it himself.
He consciously decided that it would be as dark as it needed to be, regardless of box office shortcomings.

It's all relative.

Lucas was clearly targeting kids with the Phantom Menace, then did an about face by the time Sith came along. Yet they're part of the same trilogy. Sith had happy meal toys. Strange approach.

Lucas was clearly targeting kids with the Phantom Menace, then did an about face by the time Sith came along. Yet they're part of the same trilogy. Sith had happy meal toys. Strange approach.

Yeah, totally bizzare. But love or hate the prequels, Lucas did take risks tonally that I personally believe Disney won't take.

Yeah, totally bizzare. But love or hate the prequels, Lucas did take risks tonally that I personally believe Disney won't take.

:exactly:

Not in a million years would've Disney ever allowed a scene like Anakin killing those kids.

If I was Lucas's kids I would've kept one eye open at night. :lol

No, it could have been a more kid friendly cash in tonally. Lucas (God bless his crazy beard) spoke about it himself.
He consciously decided that it would be as dark as it needed to be, regardless of box office shortcomings.

It's all relative.

I guess its useless to try to rationalize any of it. George, Disney... their both nuts in a way.

And for everyone voting nothing why are you here? Why post in a thread you don't care about?

some people love and need attention?

Here's a radical concept, I'll reserve judgment til I've actually seen the movie, or at least seen a lot of reviews.

indeed.

Well everybody needs to talk about something in the meantime. I just wish the arguments were nastier. This **** is weak.

We need more Snova1950.

LMAO :lol

Does he have some kind of Bat-signal?

In his stead, I'll try harder to spew some venom, but this could be a struggle for me, I won't lie.

i think he's kinda like Beetlejuice, say his name 3 times and wot not.

The most disappointing thing on the internet is reading "thread cleaned" and you missed it. :(

Lol *does best Nelson impression* HA! HA! ;)

The latest rumours. 40%!!??

"June 2, 2016
HOW EXTENSIVE WILL THE ROGUE ONE RESHOOTS BE?
by Jason Ward (editor-in-chief)
Since the weekend, there was a lot of dust kicked up on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. By late Sunday night, the news began to hit the gossip sites and the trades alike. I reached out to several sources to find out exactly what was going on with Rogue One. When I asked a few crew members what was being reshot they laughed and said “everything.” Of course they were kidding but from the sound of it, the shooting will be extensive.

Here are the common themes in what people behind the scenes are saying:

Some crew initially heard J.J. Abrams was supervising the reshoots.
Gareth Edwards is doing the reshoots himself but with a partner, Christopher McQuarrie.
Christopher McQuarrie, the final writer on Rogue One will be working extensively with Edwards onset to make sure they’re on the “same page” with the most recent draft of the film.
Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
32 sets have been recreated for the reshoot.
The crew expects they are reshooting 40% of the film.
They are working 6 days a week for 8 weeks."

Last edited:
Back