Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I really like that scene as well. People being rude and jumping in when it isn't their turn to speak. I could buy that that's how it might go for these various leaders who had previously never been tested in putting their money where their mouth is. They come off as a bunch of poseurs who viewed the Alliance meetings as some sort of emotional therapy but were never really serious about putting their words or complaints into action. When finally faced with the turning pointing of actually taking action most are terrified. It actually makes sense that you never see those other system leaders in the Alliance after that.

And I actually find some of the lines to be pretty hilarious. "I joined the Alliance not a suicide pact!" And I literally laugh every time the one whiny guy says "A Death Star? This is nonsense!" It's just an organic moment where someone actually pays lip service to the absurdity of Star Wars and I love it. :lol

Of course Cassian didn't attend the meeting. He's all "see I knew those idiots wouldn't believe you. It's why I don't even listen to them anymore and anytime we want to do something we just do it 'off the record.'"

Mon Mothma seems to secretly agree. Almost like when she says, "I'm sorry Jyn, without the full support of the Council the odds are just too great" it's code for "okay I've said what I'm supposed to say, anyone who wants to take matters into their own hands be my guest, Raddus you listening?"

I like the context just not the delivery at least from parts of it.

Oh well, Wor-Gar gets final say on the matter.

what a spectacular movie. some of the editing and cuts in the first few minutes aren't the best (some shots change within a second) which is annoying to the viewer. the music improved on my second watch but i still don't love it.

overall an easy 9/10.

:lol

Well I have to say I haven't given the matter much thought. Seemed like an awkward way to have Jyn take matters into her own hands, but its a trick that's been done a dozen times in movies so I kind of looked right past it. With a revelation like Jyn's, you'd think the Council would at least send a suicide mission in. Instead, they turn their backs. Not sure I buy it.

BTW -- are there no cameras on Jedha or in this entire galaxy? You see those seeker droids around, yet no one photographed the enormous Death Star destroying an entire city? If that's true, then I totally buy that guy at Council who says: A Death Star? Preposterous! (or whatever he says).

FJ is a beautiful woman but she has big rabbit teeth. There are shots that bothered me as she looked like she had a mouth guard on when her mouth was closed!!!

Yeah I know I am mean…… :(

You're rabbits, aren't you? I rabbit.

Jyn.jpg

what a spectacular movie. some of the editing and cuts in the first few minutes aren't the best (some shots change within a second) which is annoying to the viewer. the music improved on my second watch but i still don't love it.

overall an easy 9/10.
Yeah, some of the scores seem to start off like it's going to play a familiar tune, then it doesn't.
It's a slight let down for me. It didn't take away from my enjoyment of the movie.

Basically, it's a Star Wars movie. Play the Star Wars songs damn it! :wave

Well I have to say I haven't given the matter much thought. Seemed like an awkward way to have Jyn take matters into her own hands, but its a trick that's been done a dozen times in movies so I kind of looked right past it. With a revelation like Jyn's, you'd think the Council would at least send a suicide mission in. Instead, they turn their backs. Not sure I buy it.

BTW -- are there no cameras on Jedha or in this entire galaxy? You see those seeker droids around, yet no one photographed the enormous Death Star destroying an entire city? If that's true, then I totally buy that guy at Council who says: A Death Star? Preposterous! (or whatever he says).

Smart phones in SW, Preposterous!

You're rabbits, aren't you? I rabbit.

Jyn.jpg

lololololololololol

I like the context just not the delivery at least from parts of it.

Honestly there is so much of the OT and RO that gets a pass from me on account of it just being part of what I consider the "lovable absurdity" of Star Wars. And it really does come down to how you react to the execution. That's what makes any given scene endearing vs. eye-rolling or laughable. And nothing in the OT (okay maybe some of ROTJ) or RO really falls under the latter category IMO.

"Rebellions are built on hope," "Stardust," and all that are valid fodder for ridicule I suppose and if someone got hung up on those lines or moments I could understand where they are coming from even if for me the execution of those lines makes them totally work.

:lol it totally does still work a-dev!

Anyone notice that Tarkin didn't look as good at home as in theater? leia looked good tho!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back