Rockin Jellybean Invisible Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not feeling this one at all. It does Sue absolutely no justice whatsoever, an easy pass for me.

I cannot believe they want $125 for a plastic / vinyl piece, this is not even resin.

the body is awesome...How can anyone not like her body.Statue is too small though.

This piece came in this afternoon.
While I don't have photos yet there are a few things I was really happy with and an equal amount I was not so pleased with.

First, the sculpt is as beautiful in person ad the images make it look. I know the stylized figure wasn't for everyone, but it looks great to me.

The packaging itself is pretty cool and fun. The printing is done in a 50's style with the sketch of Sue on the front and the rest of the FF behind her looking at her in amazement/disgust (take your pick). I love how the box art turned out, inside and out.

The base. The base is an extreme letdown. Yeah it's a little cheesy in design, but again it worked for me aesthetically. I borderline canceled this piece several times because of the size of that statue versus the price, I thought for that kind of money it needed to be a 12" version. The base is plastic and hollow. When you are holding just the base it feels cheap and lightweight like a plstic mint container. For some reason I really thought this was going to be a solid piece.

The paintjob. The teaser and production images are off from the actual piece. In the production shots her suit is a colorful bright blue (as it should be). The final blue looks like they mixed some green/seafoam color to it, giving it teal tints in some places. Just enough to make you double-take. Next is the paintjob on the eyes. You can kind of tell in the production images, but not as much as the final piece that there is a LOT of contrast between the pupil of the eyes and the color around it. So at first glance her eyes look very beady. There is also some random brown airbrush streaking in the hair that feels unecessary also.

On Display. The balls of her feet are supposed to stand on the raised "4" on the base, but the heels rest in the non raised area, meaning they included mini stilts that you clip onto the heel to make it rest flush. Making these pegs seems like an extra step that could have been avoided by making the "4" wider so the entire boot could rest on it.

All in all on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it about a 6-6.5
The paint job matching the production shots like it should have would probably bump that up to a 7.5 or so.
If I had not bought this directly from sideshow and went to one of the retail sites to save 20% I think I would be much happier. The discounted dollar amount would put it closer to the quality/size that it actually is. I also think that if I had seen this in person first while wanting to buy it, I would have passed unless it was in the $85 range.

Anyone else that got this want to chime in on anything?
Im curious if I just got a bad paint mix or if they all turned out this way.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah I'll try to get some tonight to post.

Question.
If there is a chance I got one done with a bad batch of paint or something wierd, is sideshow easy to work with if I asked for an exchange? My concern is I could end up sending this back 2-3 times and still getting bad product in return. I have never gotten anything from Sideshow that I needed to return so Im not sure of their policies.

Yeah I'll try to get some tonight to post.

Question.
If there is a chance I got one done with a bad batch of paint or something wierd, is sideshow easy to work with if I asked for an exchange? My concern is I could end up sending this back 2-3 times and still getting bad product in return. I have never gotten anything from Sideshow that I needed to return so Im not sure of their policies.

I've heard they are easy to work with, but i'm like you, i've never had to return anything...sorry i couldn't be much help.

Post pics when you can :D

So I snagged a few photos tonight, and suprisingly light plays a big part in all of this. In person her bodysuit has a green cast to it, with lighting and a couple images with flash the colors look like they are supposed to, so I don't feel as bad as before.

But all the light in the world can't fix those beady eyes :)

IMG_0357adj.jpg

IMG_0359adj.jpg

IMG_0362adj.jpg

IMG_0370adj.jpg

IMG_0371adj.jpg

IMG_0372adj.jpg

lol..i actually like it..and yes she does look like she is on acid.
I agree the price shld be in the 85 range...and I had a feeling the base would be hollow...as well as the rest of her.

Back