Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
29msp55.jpg

Hey, I had one of those when I was a kid, it was a Nerf :lol

I think they got inspiration from PS2 Guncons :lol

smzyp3.jpg

They should of just went with a suped up Auto 9. And this dual wielding crap is just stupid...

Last edited:
Yup, single wielding cowboy gunslinger pose > dual wielding :lol

robocop_2282286b.jpg

Edit: damn, look at those visuals, they have 10x more personality than all that CGI.

That will be my Hot Toys pose :lecture

As if having the same outfit/gun would elevate this movie above POS status. :lol

It would make it at least somewhat watchable... maybe :huh :lol

Admittedly as one of the 'optimists' that was a bit embarrassing. That music in particular made it feel like a massive departure in tone from the original. Also the crappy CGI robots, Robo's unhindered, fluid human movements, his taking cover while under fire....what does the armour do again?

I had a lot of background noise while I played that clip but didn't Oldman say that the drones were firing some sort of EMP rounds that would "disable everything except his life support and put him in more pain than he's ever felt?" So he's not dodging regular bullets, he's evading something else.

REGARDLESS, I too have tried to be optimistic that this film will at the very least be a fun "cyborg cop" movie that I could completely disconnect from the original but ugh, that whole thing just reminded me of the idiotic training montage in the PIT from GI Joe: Rise of Cobra. All of it. Might as well have been Channing Tatum trying on his accelerator suit and cracking jokes while showing us how awesome he is. I think a huge part of RoboCop being engaging is how sympathetic and tragic he is. He seemed so cocky and casual and "human" in that clip.

Peter Weller sitting in a chair and looking at a *pencil* was a more badass display of his prowess than this!

I feel like i'm looking at a upgraded batman with a Cyclops eye. that looks no where near a valid Robo cop. Robo cop was bulky for a reason and #$%$ is with the exposed hand? man i'm going home to watch the original now

New clip. Oh boy.

This movie is doing everything I could possibly imagine WRONG with Robocop. Just what were they thinking?

The only thing that could save it is Keaton because the man could never give in a bad performance.

OK this made me :lol:lol:lol

New clip. Oh boy.

This movie is doing everything I could possibly imagine WRONG with Robocop. Just what were they thinking?

The only thing that could save it is Keaton because the man could never give in a bad performance.

…. meh…
If I watch this it will be at a free screening...

Because they think this movie is offensive to the 1987 Robocop movie. I understand that Robocop is a popular character that many people hold dear. I really like the original movie. However I don't agree with the popular view that this new movie disrespects the original in some way, as it's just trying to be its own movie and it's not trying to force itself as a 'better' version of the character at all. Just an alternative. You can argue whether or not a new version was neccessary (there are valid points for both arguments), but the fact remains nobody is forcing anybody to see this, it's just a new take on the character. The '87 version will always be there for you if you want it. This new movie doesn't take that away.

Last edited:
Back