Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually watched it for the first time the other night, believe it or not - & left a brief review in the movie review thread here. :lol

All up.. forgettable.

Utterly forgettable. :duff

When he woke up and panicked, when he was shown what's left and when he videophoned to his wife - great scenes.
The rest is either boringly solid or tastelessly bad.

They just didn't know how to make a good "RoboCop" film in modern environment.
Heck, DREDD was a better RoboCop film than this dead-born project.

I maintain that I would sooner watch this than Robocop 2, 3 or any of the attempts at a TV show. But I guess that's not really saying much.

I maintain that I would sooner watch this than Robocop 2

Did you see RoboCop 2 in the theater? Robocain worked very well on the big screen and watching him indiscriminately blowing away everyone (cops, guards, reporters, paramedics) at the end was a real trip. It's a pretty mean spirited movie, even with regard to its humor, and the music outright SUCKS but I've always found it to be a pretty intense visceral experience. I was just the right age and saw it with just the right crowd which does give it that little nostalgic oomph though.

I maintain that I would sooner watch this than Robocop 2, 3 or any of the attempts at a TV show.
At least R2 and R3 are entertainingly bad.
And "Dark Justice", despite low budget, is a really nice alternative continuation of the original film. I recomend to give it a watch.

Did you see RoboCop 2 in the theater? Robocain worked very well on the big screen and watching him indiscriminately blowing away everyone (cops, guards, reporters, paramedics) at the end was a real trip. It's a pretty mean spirited movie, even with regard to its humor, and the music outright SUCKS but I've always found it to be a pretty intense visceral experience. I was just the right age and saw it with just the right crowd which does give it that little nostalgic oomph though.

I was too young to see it (Robocop 2) in the cinema. It grossed me out with some of its scenes and apparently even the child me didn't find much in it that redeemed it otherwise because I never liked it.

The music does indeed suck. Sounded made for TV (and not like the quality TV scores we have today). I think it was the same guy who did the score for Star Trek IV which is easily the worst of that lot.

Dredd was a rare and brilliant film. Urban was perfect. It's a shame how it's continuously is called a ripoff of The Raid.
I haven't seen The Raid, only it's sequel and that did remind me very much of Dredd in some ways but it was nowhere as visually compelling. And you are right, Urban was perfect. I've always been a fan of his but for whatever reason he hasn't risen to superstar level. Maybe he's destined to be more of a Michael Caine type, who works all the time but isn't really appreciated until he becomes a much older actor.

Robocop>Robocop 2>Remakecop>Robocop 3>TV series>a freshly-minted turd>Prime Directives TV specials

Robocop 2 is a hugely underrated movie in my book. I actually love how mean-spirited and tragicomic it is, and especially the sledgehammer-blunt satire of political correctness throughout.

"This could look bad for OCP Johnson - scramble the best spin team we have."

Robocop>Robocop 2>Remakecop>Robocop 3>TV series>a freshly-minted turd>Prime Directives TV specials

Robocop 2 is a hugely underrated movie in my book. I actually love how mean-spirited and tragicomic it is, and especially the sledgehammer-blunt satire of political correctness throughout.

"This could look bad for OCP Johnson - scramble the best spin team we have."

Why would the guy try to stop Lewis from doing what she did with the APC? He should have been saying ''yeah good idea, why the **** didn't I think of that''

Dredd was a rare and brilliant film. Urban was perfect. It's a shame how it's continuously is called a ripoff of The Raid.

I liked Dredd.... But it is easy to see why people call it a rip off of The Raid... It basically is...

Rip off or not The Raid is far better though.... IMO

I haven't seen The Raid, only it's sequel and that did remind me very much of Dredd in some ways but it was nowhere as visually compelling. And you are right, Urban was perfect. I've always been a fan of his but for whatever reason he hasn't risen to superstar level. Maybe he's destined to be more of a Michael Caine type, who works all the time but isn't really appreciated until he becomes a much older actor.

You should watch the first one if you think that the second one is anything like Dredd. Many moments that almost seem like they were remaking The Raid.

Back