Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came back from seeing it. Thought it was really good... surprisingly good, actually. I didn't think it was going to be as bad as everybody thought, but also did not have high hopes for it. I was relieved to see that it actually looked like a robot instead of a man in suit. In fact I was pretty shocked at

Spoiler Spoiler:

There were so many great scenes with Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton. Overall, the cast was really great.

I wish it was doing better in the box offices because I think it really deserves it. I would like to see a second one.

I really need to see this film, I've been trying to get the wife to go but its been one of those cases of just can't seem to find the time and the fact that its not type of movie shes into so things convinantly keep coming up:pfft:

I do laugh at any movie that feels it's necessary to label Washington DC when they show the Capital and Washington Monument. :lol

Do you laugh when you learn that these movies are also seen in countries that do not speak English and many across the world are not as aware about America as we all expect them to be... ;)

Do you laugh when you learn that these movies are also seen in countries that do not speak English and many across the world are not as aware about America as we all expect them to be... ;)

this movie was made by Americans For Americans. Who cares about the rest of the World buddy? :wave

this movie was made by Americans For Americans. Who cares about the rest of the World buddy? :wave

and yet most of the money, substantial in many cases comes from overseas for many of the movies. Am sure every commercial director and producer looks at the global market for their creation...

and yet most of the money, substantial in many cases comes from overseas for many of the movies. Am sure every commercial director and producer looks at the global market for their creation...

That's the reason so many movies now days debut overseas first. We had to wait to watch the Avengers and other blockbuster movies. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will debut in the US a week later than in the the rest of the world.

Its a shame this movie wasn't allowed to take its intended form.

I enjoyed the human manipulation ideas but even that eventually fizzled.

Sure everything was less cartoony than the original, but none of the characters will hold up over time.

Not that this is a huge accomplishment, but its the 2nd best Robocop.

Would've been the best RC movie had Keaton performed a Batman move.

Last edited:

frodo_puke_gif.gif

Just came back from seeing it. Thought it was really good... surprisingly good, actually. I didn't think it was going to be as bad as everybody thought, but also did not have high hopes for it. I was relieved to see that it actually looked like a robot instead of a man in suit. In fact I was pretty shocked at

Spoiler Spoiler:

There were so many great scenes with Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton. Overall, the cast was really great.

I wish it was doing better in the box offices because I think it really deserves it. I would like to see a second one.

Totally agree with all of this.

The scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now bring on the sequel...and Hot Toys figures. :D

The scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

In fact, I think that is why they kept his hand in the first place.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You re fooling yourself if you believe that studios are not making their products with the foreign markets in minds.
Why do you think this movie or Prometheus for exemple were released abroad first.

Now that the new robo is set, i would really like a sequel that goes its own way.

This movie was better than I thought it would be. I agree that the casting was pretty awesome. Didn't like the updated suit, but the story was there I thought. Was it as good as the original? Not to me, but it was way better than Robocop 2 and 3

Back