Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And next year it'll be overshadowed again by Uncharted 4. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished the original PS1 game the other day - still an excellent game.

I got about halfway through TR2013 in what feels like close to a year ago now, & haven't felt motivated to finish it. :lol

Gonna play through Last Revelation next. :rock

I still like the original. Felt the same way about TR13 back when I played it. I'd thought of replaying it to see if I'd like TR13 any better but I just can't find the motivation to.

If it is or not, I'm just saying Uncharted will the talk of this forum not Tomb Raider.

Maybe it's time for the real Lara Croft to come back no more Katniss Croft.

Uncharted's overrated.
giphy.gif

Last I checked this game is selling well and people actually like it. I'm one of them and I can't wait to play it on PC.

But I understand how that's a hard thing to picture.

...unless you have a Nintendo 3DS, where you can play DS games, 3DS games (including MGS 3 in 3D!), and NES and Genesis games :lecture with Wii and Wii U ports coming to it among other remakes, the list goes on! I love my 3DS and the games on it, a lot of them are fantastic.

Kids today, they just don't appreciate video games like they should. Games today hold your hands or take the time to teach you something, older ones did not do that and it showed. And it's not like video games of today are bad, but it's just, kids brush off older games for stupid, asinine reasons like 'it's old' 'the graphics are bad' 'new is better'.

That's one of the reasons I'm obsessed with Bloodborne right now, I picked it up over thanksgiving weekend and haven't been able to put it down since. Such a hard but satisfying game, it drops you into the world and pretty much says, figure it out. It's so much a 3d embodiment of old school gaming, it's really tempting me to want to play the other souls games.

I haven't played this Tomb Raider yet and the only reason I played the other one was because it was free on PS+. I liked it, but not enough to pay full price for this one. I really haven't read much about it, is it better than the last Tomb Raider game?

Last edited:
I've got this on Xbox One and I'm really impressed. The visuals are amazing and it has improved on Tomb Raider in pretty much every way. Epic game so far. I spent a hell of a lot of time screen shotting :rotfl

Thread gets bumped and now people are posting. :lol

I'm not trolling. I love the series, I actually played tomb raider first than I resident evil. I'm just surprised how dead this thread is. :lol

I'm not trolling. I love the series, I actually played tomb raider first than I resident evil. I'm just surprised how dead this thread is. :lol

And it'll die again!

Hayden-Panettiere.gif

...after I troll it

I'm not finished yet but so far there has been a good balance of combat, exploring and solving puzzles - everything I want from a good Tomb Raider game. There's a lot of depth to how the world is designed, giving the player more than one option of how to get from A to B and how to deal with the enemies along the way. All of this with some amazing eye candy! Lara has never looked so gorgeous and is only outshone by the environment around her.

All of these are screenshots direct from my Xbox One game...

Can't wait to play it the way it should be.

The first TR game was released on a Sega Saturn console before anything else. What you on about? :p

Format wars aside, you'll enjoy the game whatever you play it on if you liked the previous TR game :)

It's kind of weird that they gave this a Cliffhanger ending.

Which means no matter what happens to interest in the franchise, they will make at least another

Do you guys see this going far like FarCry and Uncharted with many games, it seems it takes at least a year or two to work on each new release of the TR games

Back