Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im comparing to how its lost its way from being a strong story driven, brain teasing adventure game traversing the world for treasure. With death defying traps without the need for 'dark and broody' or insinuated rape or anything like that. Just a capable woman doing what she does best without sounding like shes taking a 9inch black guy everytime she jumps.

tr4_seth.jpg

That puzzle still gives me brain ache to this day.

Man, this new 'TR' game is getting plugged up the wazoo around my way. Posters on bus stops, ads on every TV station - jeez! :lol It does look good though, & I do want to play it eventually.

It's actually cool how video games are now treated like movies almost, but while the populous is creaming over current Gen.. I'm going back. I missed the whole Nintendo thing growing up, so I'm on a mission to somehow acquire either a nice looked after NES or SNES bundle. The alternative of course, is to get one of those 'one size fits all' clone consoles. Apparently there's one on the way that will accommodate NES, SNES, & N64 carts! :rock

Im comparing to how its lost its way from being a strong story driven, brain teasing adventure game traversing the world for treasure. With death defying traps without the need for 'dark and broody' or insinuated rape or anything like that. Just a capable woman doing what she does best without sounding like shes taking a 9inch black guy everytime she jumps.

tr4_seth.jpg

That puzzle still gives me brain ache to this day.

That puzzle still gives me nightmares! :horror

Plus some of the levels in the old TR games were hard! Thankfully there was skip level cheat. :monkey3 Also, with TR: Angel of Darkness, with all the bugs and glitches it was a pretty good game. Story line was pretty good imo, but slow game with all the bugs/etc. The thing that pissed me off was you couldn't get the dual pistols. :lol

These new TR games are just edgy. :lol don't worry we'll probably see the old Lara soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So SQ changed the original story line. Her mom is still alive? :lol She won't meet Von Croy? Don't get me song I don't mind a reboot but changing the whole story for this crossbow/Hunter/killer Lara version? :lol

So SQ changed the original story line. Her mom is still alive? :lol She won't meet Von Croy? Don't get me song I don't mind a reboot but changing the whole story for this crossbow/Hunter/killer Lara version? :lol

Have you played the new game? Not watched it on Youtube, I mean? IMO, this reboot is far superior to the original version. But, that's just me and the 7 million people that bought the first one.

Played the first one. I won't play it till it's available for the PS4.

I don't mind change but she's not really Lara Croft. Whatever :lol

Too bad old Lara is only on android and iOS. :lol

I'm not saying it's a bad game but this isn't Lara Croft. :lol

Just finished this. It's a great game. I preferred the first and actually by the end of the game, her character hasn't really progressed all that much. Also not as long as the first game. Terrible clunky ending and boss fight. Mild disappointment.

Not gonna lie, what's going on with both Laras is confusing and bizarre. :lol I don't even know what to make of it!

On the other hand, having two Laras isn't a bad thing :monkey3

Insinuated rape? When did this happen in tomb raider?

I think it was a vid clip that was misinterpreted by soccer moms of when she gets caught by the Russian dude. The whole issue was dumb, I never got "rape" from it at all :dunno

The alternative of course, is to get one of those 'one size fits all' clone consoles. Apparently there's one on the way that will accommodate NES, SNES, & N64 carts! :rock

Who's making it??? I NEED one! :panic:

I think it was a vid clip that was misinterpreted by soccer moms of when she gets caught by the Russian dude. The whole issue was dumb, I never got "rape" from it at all :dunno
That was one of the things I referred to earlier that left a bad taste in my mouth while playing TR2013. IIRC, he doesn't just 'catch' her.. he starts feeling her up as well - & your 'in game' task is then to fend off his groping? Just bad form to include that sheet.. :monkey4

Who's making it??? I NEED one! :panic:
Not sure. I was chatting with the guy at my local game shop, & he mentioned it to me.

That was one of the things I referred to earlier that left a bad taste in my mouth while playing TR2013. IIRC, he doesn't just 'catch' her.. he starts feeling her up as well - & your 'in game' task is then to fend off his groping? Just bad form to include that sheet.. :monkey4

Not sure. I was chatting with the guy at my local game shop, & he mentioned it to me.

Can hardly be called a rape scene, nothing even close to rape. You could call it the groping scene, thats more acurrate... she gets her arm groped. :lol

hope they come out with that system and hdmi, recon5 is the closest I can find but no n64 on it, just genesis. Miss my 64 games, need me some Ogre Battle 64

Can hardly be called a rape scene, nothing even close to rape. You could call it the groping scene, thats more acurrate... she gets her arm groped. :lol

hope they come out with that system and hdmi, recon5 is the closest I can find but no n64 on it, just genesis. Miss my 64 games, need me some Ogre Battle 64

A very treat series I'll add.

Back