Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first TR game was released on a Sega Saturn console before anything else. What you on about? :p

Format wars aside, you'll enjoy the game whatever you play it on if you liked the previous TR game :)

What can I say, PC gaming can really spoil people.

The first TR game was released on a Sega Saturn console before anything else. What you on about? :p

Format wars aside, you'll enjoy the game whatever you play it on if you liked the previous TR game :)

pretty sure it was all three at the same time, pc is best tho just because :lol

No, it was released on PC (DOS), Playstation and Sega Saturn.
Parts of the game were shown during development on Sega Saturn kits.

It's kind of weird that they gave this a Cliffhanger ending.

Which means no matter what happens to interest in the franchise, they will make at least another

Do you guys see this going far like FarCry and Uncharted with many games, it seems it takes at least a year or two to work on each new release of the TR games

Oh really? That's disappointing. Underworld had the same problem- I mean, I know the trilogy ended there but the ending was too depressing for me not to want a sequel.

I'm not finished yet but so far there has been a good balance of combat, exploring and solving puzzles - everything I want from a good Tomb Raider game. There's a lot of depth to how the world is designed, giving the player more than one option of how to get from A to B and how to deal with the enemies along the way. All of this with some amazing eye candy! Lara has never looked so gorgeous and is only outshone by the environment around her.

All of these are screenshots direct from my Xbox One game...

Wow, I was going to wait for a price drop before I picked it up but this looks really good. I may have to grab it after the holidays. Nice screen shots!

Wow, I was going to wait for a price drop before I picked it up but this looks really good. I may have to grab it after the holidays. Nice screen shots!

Thanks! I'm glad you like them. Stopping and admiring/screenshotting the environment is an addiction for me in this game. I've got so much story to get through, I've been taking it slow and enjoying the view.

Just Beat the game last night. overall, excellent. With the level puzzles, felt a tad more like classic TR, but definitely keeping in line with the reboot. Almost too many things to find. Ended up rushing the last 3 main areas, skipping a lot of artifacts, etc, and it still took me close to 40 hours to beat.

Just Beat the game last night. overall, excellent. With the level puzzles, felt a tad more like classic TR, but definitely keeping in line with the reboot. Almost too many things to find. Ended up rushing the last 3 main areas, skipping a lot of artifacts, etc, and it still took me close to 40 hours to beat.

That's excellent to hear/read.

Many people are praising this game and it's justified, I can't wait to play it!

Looking forward to playing this game. Probably within the next few days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450558572.235331.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450558580.183702.jpg

Big price drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially thought.. ehh, not fussed in getting a PS4. Now, I'm thinking that at the very least, if they make the next version backwards compatible with all the previous consoles, that'd get me to buy one.

Aside from that though, there's already a bunch of titles I'd like to own on that system that kind of warrants me eventually getting one; RotTR being one of them.

Just read that for the XBONE rise of the tomb raider runs at 900p & 30fps, whilst it will be 1080p & 45-50fps on the PS4 :(

Performance differences shouldn't be a shock to people two years into the generation. This is how it is. It doesn't make ROtTR a bad game on X1 though. If you have both consoles and care about framerate and fps, perhaps you may want to wait for PS4 version. Or you could get it on PC if you REALLY care about performance.

Back