Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..hope they come out with that system and hdmi, recon5 is the closest I can find but no n64 on it, just genesis. Miss my 64 games, need me some Ogre Battle 64
Man, I missed out on the whole Nintendo era, period! Actually, I had a Game&Watch handheld back in the day, 'Octopus'. :lol

It'd be great to have a new console to play those old gems on; the Mario games, Zelda, Donkey Kong, so good. :cool:

Man, I missed out on the whole Nintendo era, period! Actually, I had a Game&Watch handheld back in the day, 'Octopus'. :lol

It'd be great to have a new console to play those old gems on; the Mario games, Zelda, Donkey Kong, so good. :cool:
OMG! Octopus on the Game & Watch. I had that one too! Loved it! :lol :hi5:

They were/are great little gaming gems too! They're pretty expensive if you're trying to find one in good condition now. I'm just sorry that I was too young to understand properly the concept of looking after your things. I remember pressing down on the screen & ruining the display, gouging out the buttons etc. :lol

The other ones I really wanted back then were the original Donkey Kong & it's follow ups, plus ones like Oil Panic, Mickey's Farmhouse, Snoopy Tennis, & Fire Attack. :rock

Who's making it??? I NEED one! :panic:
Not sure. I was chatting with the guy at my local game shop, & he mentioned it to me.
I think you guys are thinking of the Retron, my friends have those. Though they don't have the 'rights' to have the compatible with N64 carts.

Old Nintendo era...it was great. Truly it was. Even some of the recent pre-Wii U titles were great

Yeah that rings a bell, I think the dude said that name. He definitely said there's one on the way that'll support N64 too, so fingers crossed. :pray:

I thought about getting a Wii U at one point, but to get the old games I'd need to download them from the site & have enough gig for it. I'd rather have physical copies of the games - the actual carts, so the clone console suits me more, albeit it'll probably cost me more in the end to acquire nice copies of all the games I want across all the eras.

They were/are great little gaming gems too! They're pretty expensive if you're trying to find one in good condition now. I'm just sorry that I was too young to understand properly the concept of looking after your things. I remember pressing down on the screen & ruining the display, gouging out the buttons etc. :lol

The other ones I really wanted back then were the original Donkey Kong & it's follow ups, plus ones like Oil Panic, Mickey's Farmhouse, Snoopy Tennis, & Fire Attack. :rock
Yes! OMG! I had all of those except for Fire Attack. Instead, I had one where you controlled two firefighters holding a trampoline and you had to catch people jumping out of a burning building and bounce them into an ambulance. LOL!
Hell yeah! Oil Panic! One of my favorites. Got really good at that.
Unfortunately, we had a party (a very long time ago), and it got stolen right out of the dresser in my bedroom. Geez! :mad:

Two firefighters rescuing folks with the tramp & the ambulance? That was the blue G&W: FIRE. :cool:

A couple others I forgot about that I loved back in the day, were Parachute, Turtle Bridge, & Chef. :)

It's funny, when you look at things like the Nintendo DS/3DS etc, you just think that kids really know nothing these days. The original split screen handhelds were wowing young gamers 30 years before these Gen-Gs were just twinkles in their fathers' eyes. :lol

only game n match i ever had was Super mario bros... i think i was in 6th grade and finally about to get an NES just as the SNES was announced. I always seemed to be a system behind lol. Never had a gameboy, did get a game gear though several years later. Loved that thing

I'm sad that portable gaming isn't what it used to be. As kids, our generation looked up to these games, we didn't just play them- we experience them, we learned from them, and for the most part, developers throw in effort into these games.

Nowadays, every kid with a cellphone has a library of games installed that to them, just to kill time while waiting for a new comment on their FaceBook post. They're every bit as cynical about these games as we are, which is bad. :lol

I'm sad that portable gaming isn't what it used to be. As kids, our generation looked up to these games, we didn't just play them- we experience them, we learned from them, and for the most part, developers throw in effort into these games.

Nowadays, every kid with a cellphone has a library of games installed that to them, just to kill time while waiting for a new comment on their FaceBook post. They're every bit as cynical about these games as we are, which is bad. :lol
...unless you have a Nintendo 3DS, where you can play DS games, 3DS games (including MGS 3 in 3D!), and NES and Genesis games :lecture with Wii and Wii U ports coming to it among other remakes, the list goes on! I love my 3DS and the games on it, a lot of them are fantastic.

Kids today, they just don't appreciate video games like they should. Games today hold your hands or take the time to teach you something, older ones did not do that and it showed. And it's not like video games of today are bad, but it's just, kids brush off older games for stupid, asinine reasons like 'it's old' 'the graphics are bad' 'new is better'.

my_tomb_raider_rising_zpssxvvqznt.jpg

let_it_go_johnny_zpsah38zoun.jpg

For a game that came about a month ago sure is quiet in here. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished the original PS1 game the other day - still an excellent game.

I got about halfway through TR2013 in what feels like close to a year ago now, & haven't felt motivated to finish it. :lol

Gonna play through Last Revelation next. :rock

Back