Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, that was just a clever reference to the original film.
Spoiler Spoiler:
. Again, a very cool reference and tie-in.

I'm sure it's more than just a clever reference to the original. Looks like a major set to me up along with...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I suspect...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah I get that, but can it make great movie watching? Still has to be a reason, a build-up, good story, climax etc.
Can't just say something like - they will rescue apes from zoos, build society etc. I would assume if they do something there still has to be human antogonists, or perhaps a push and assault by us to try to take them down, and to have a battle ensue, which ends badly for us anyway.

Yeah I get that, but can it make great movie watching? Still has to be a reason, a build-up, good story, climax etc.
Can't just say something like - they will rescue apes from zoos, build society etc. I would assume if they do something there still has to be human antogonists, or perhaps a push and assault by us to try to take them down, and to have a battle ensue, which ends badly for us anyway.

Definitely agree with that. There has to be a human element strongly involved in the sequel.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was thinking that the sequel would follow along the lines of the original POTA set waaaaay in the future. :dunno

I was thinking that the sequel would follow along the lines of the original POTA set waaaaay in the future. :dunno

With the arrival of the lost spacemen? Possibly. But I'd love for them to fill in that gap between this movie and then in at least one film. There's so much to tell.

With the arrival of the lost spacemen? Possibly. But I'd love for them to fill in that gap between this movie and then in at least one film. There's so much to tell.

So would I...but I figured they would go the same route as the original series, not following them exactly but a retelling.

Rise of the POTA
POTA
Beneath the POTA
Escape from the POTA (May not work with the new origins)
Conquest of the POTA (Filling the gap between Rise and POTA)
Battle for the POTA

Wow! Just got back from this and it blew me away, great stuff.

I was very skeptical when I first heard about this, but it is a fantastic movie.

What line did he miss?

He did say,
Spoiler Spoiler:
and
Spoiler Spoiler:

He said it, he just could have said it way better.

Exactly! Why re-tell the surprise ending everyone knows so well it's cliche. The journey there is what we want.

Exactly! Why re-tell the surprise ending everyone knows so well it's cliche. The journey there is what we want.

And if/when they get to that point in the story and want to tweak it to make it their own I'm all for it. The original end is so iconic to me that it almost shouldn't be repeated in a remake. Gave me chills the first time I saw it as a young'un.

my guess is that the sequel will be closer to the original Boulle novel… apes living as a technically advanced society.

I saw it today it was very very good movie!Caeser was very good character.
Spoiler Spoiler:
They have to make sequal to this.

Went to see it last night and i wasn't dissapointed, easily my favourite film of the year

Spoiler Spoiler:

and what can i say about Andy Serkis just awesome, the guy deserves recognition for this role.

Off for a second time tonight...

So "Ape Inspired" here, I pulled out one of my old Sideshow "Apes" figures for a look...

GORILLA-SOLDIER.jpg

Off to the movies...

Back