Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I loved this movie, I realized something after revisiting the original series on BD. RISE is tame as hell! Definitely the most family-friendly entry in the series. Especially compared to the brutal and nihilistic ending in the uncut version of CONQUEST. Hell, most of the films, with the exception of the original, have a main character being brutally murdered. The peaceful takeover of the Golden Gate bridge here was mostly fun and games compared to anything in the original series.

Okay, so there was the little tag after the beginning of the credits, but the actual climax would have been more appropriate if Franco had his face and arms torn off.

Still enjoyed it, but it seems way more Hollywood than the darker, more philosophical tone of the first five movies.

The peaceful takeover of the Golden Gate bridge here was mostly fun and games compared to anything in the original series.

'er... did you see all the cops that got pwned in this scene?
How about the chopper?... :dunno

Okay, so there was the little tag after the beginning of the credits, but the actual climax would have been more appropriate if Franco had his face and arms torn off.

I thought that was going to happen, but I'm glad it didn't...
no need to go for the shock value on this one IMO...

orang(e)-utans?

:lol:lol:lol

One thing I'd like to say about this movie is the cgi is the best I've ever seen. Whilst Avatar was amazing I always felt like I was watching something that wasn't real where with this I completely forgot it was cgi apart from the odd moment.
You could argue that with Avatar being completely unrecognisable though it's not a fair comparison.

Still, incredible movie, incredible effects and one of my favorite movies this year. Dare I say it, I think I actually prefer this to the original movie. Maybe not actually.. but I think it's just as good.

I just got back from seeing it... I loved it!

It was nice that they work Heston into the movie. And was Caesar building a model of the Statue of Liberty? :lol

But I didn't like Malfoy doing the Heston lines. I thought they were pale compared to the original, and felt shoehorned in.

I liked the show but my wife hated it. She just said she thought it was scary. I never saw the originals, but I know that they were not as peaceful as this one.
Spoiler Spoiler:

One thing I'd like to say about this movie is the cgi is the best I've ever seen. Whilst Avatar was amazing I always felt like I was watching something that wasn't real where with this I completely forgot it was cgi apart from the odd moment.
You could argue that with Avatar being completely unrecognisable though it's not a fair comparison.

Still, incredible movie, incredible effects and one of my favorite movies this year.

Couldn't agree more. In fact my younger brother asked how they got the monkey's to do some of those things :slap teenagers now a days :rotfl

I just got back from seeing it... I loved it!

It was nice that they work Heston into the movie. And was Caesar building a model of the Statue of Liberty? :lol

But I didn't like Malfoy doing the Heston lines. I thought they were pale compared to the original, and felt shoehorned in.

Malfoy's performance was definitely the weakest link in the film.

I am jealous. I have not had the chance to see this movie yet. I hope to before it leaves the theaters.

As much as I loved this movie, I realized something after revisiting the original series on BD. RISE is tame as hell! Definitely the most family-friendly entry in the series. Especially compared to the brutal and nihilistic ending in the uncut version of CONQUEST. Hell, most of the films, with the exception of the original, have a main character being brutally murdered. The peaceful takeover of the Golden Gate bridge here was mostly fun and games compared to anything in the original series.

Still enjoyed it, but it seems way more Hollywood than the darker, more philosophical tone of the first five movies.

I think one of the points the filmmakers were trying to make was that the apes showed more humanity than the humans. It was a very important part of the plot that they weren't murderous animals.

Just got back. This film is hands down my favourite film of the year. Really, really enjoyed it!:yess:

Looking to the sequel, my view is that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Right or wrong?

Back