Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
The Planet of the Apes prequel-

Fox said Thursday that it will release the "Planet of the Apes" prequel "Rise of the Apes" on June 24, 2011.

The production will use CGI apes to be created by WETA Digital, rather than using costumed actors as in past installments of the sci-fi action franchise.

Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce for Fox, with Rupert Wyatt ("The Escapist") directing from a screenplay by Amanda Silver & Rick Jaffa.

Silver and Jaffa also are producing.

The pic will be set in San Francisco and is billed as a cautionary tale in which "man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i8af56baccdd2a1c61af480055ef7a796

Re: Rise of the Apes

Hmmm.... story doesn't sound original at all... And CGI apes??? I don't know about this one. The only thing that is remotely interesting is that atleast WETA is involved.

Prequel to which one though, the original, or the Mark Wahlberg may as well be Battlefield Earth movie?

Since it looks like humans experimenting on apes, I say the prequel to the original film.

Then watch there be a sequel to this. :lol

I really don't mind a new Apes movie. Maybe this one will be done right and help erase Burton's version from my memory. And who knows, we might get new figures based on WETA's designs.

I don't know about the whole CGI apes thing but if it has a decent story this could be good.

CGI = Ca Ca *

*See Avatar.

With WETA involved with FOX im excited for this film. I always loved the franchise and with WETA doing CGI apes theres no doubt in my mind theyll look great, Weta did King King and Avatar, should be good.

Wasn't this movie already made?? With Ricardo Montalban? Where cats and dogs die out and people keeps apes as pets??? Wasn't that a prequel??

Lame... the Planet of the Apes story came about as a sort of evolutionary shift. Not from experimentation.

This will suck :lecture

I agree with Shai Halud, CGI is destoying the creativity of make up artistry in general. AVATAR has NO soul.

CGI Apes will suck way-worse than Burton's attempt, of which I have grown... more favourable to, especially after a few brews.

Prequel to which one though, the original, or the Mark Wahlberg may as well be Battlefield Earth movie?

This is not a prequel to the original movies. Nor is it one for the Burton reimagined version. It will be it's own beast. Fox wants Burton's version to be the beginning of a whole new franchise... but he didn't quite deliver. However the box office receipts from Burton's version proved that there is strength in the Planet of the Apes name.

So they are re-rebooting the franchise again... this time they are starting with a reimagining the original Conquest film with Caesar as the central character. Just call it "The Rebooting of the Reimaging of the Planet of the Apes."

Try and fit THAT on a marquee! :thud::thud::thud:

I think it could be good. I enjoyed Kong with the cgi so I will wait and see.

Back