Ringwraith and Steed, how to spot a recast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a kid at heart, but I really respect that you want to collect what you like and what items speak to you. I hope that your paypal/ebay refund works out in your favor!

What are the most common recast/fake LOTR statue other than the Ringwraith and steed?
Did they ever made PF recast? I am about to buy a Uruk hai from ebay and I am scared not to get a fake again :)

What are the most common recast/fake LOTR statue other than the Ringwraith and steed?
Did they ever made PF recast? I am about to buy a Uruk hai from ebay and I am scared not to get a fake again :)

I think your pretty safe with premium formats due to there use of different media like cloth etc,i know the Morgul Lord LSB has been recast,basically the expensive rare pieces you should be wary of especailly from China,the Original Balrog is a prime candidate,just use your noggin and you'll be ok :)

I am really lucky!!!!!!
A guy from the forum named LOTR msg me that he had a RWOS that wanted to sell. So I bought it from this guy in Germany for 470 euros!!!
Today the tiny box arrived that was supposed to be the RWOS once again I got scamed once again over the RWOS.
I notice that this user is banned now from the forums I just letting you know to stay away from him.
the picture he send me that he owns the real one. https://imageshack.us/g/338/ros04.jpg/

I am really lucky!!!!!!
A guy from the forum named LOTR msg me that he had a RWOS that wanted to sell. So I bought it from this guy in Germany for 470 euros!!!
Today the tiny box arrived that was supposed to be the RWOS once again I got scamed once again over the RWOS.
I notice that this user is banned now from the forums I just letting you know to stay away from him.
the picture he send me that he owns the real one. https://imageshack.us/g/338/ros04.jpg/

What a bummer! :gah:

I hate to hear stories like that. :monkey2

By the way, what was sent to you in the small box?

:duff
Bill

As soon I saw that small box I didn't accept it so it will go back in a month or so.
And I was so happy that I found a "true" collector that sells his statue here.
Ohh well hopefully paypal will work for once this time and get my money back.

As soon I saw that small box I didn't accept it so it will go back in a month or so.
And I was so happy that I found a "true" collector that sells his statue here.
Ohh well hopefully paypal will work for once this time and get my money back.

Really sorry to hear this. Hopefully you get your money very soon!

I tried to send you some PM's but for some reason they won't be send?
I think an error on the website. Can you PM me? Or send me an e-mail?

LOTR user name in this forums is the guys that "stolen" my money his real name is Dominik Stapf from Germany and his email is [email protected] so be carefull everyone he my sign up again here with different username, and by the way he lives here *Private address removed by mod* :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOTR user name in this forums is the guys that "stolen" my money his real name is Dominik Stapf from Germany and his email is [email protected] so be carefull everyone he my sign up again here with different username, and by the way he lives here :)

Someone should pay him a visit:lecture

LOTR user name in this forums is the guys that "stolen" my money his real name is Dominik Stapf from Germany and his email is [email protected] so be carefull everyone he my sign up again here with different username, and by the way he lives here :)

He also ripped off a fellow collector over at the Shadow and Flame, read the full story here: https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37791. I believe the victim (Balduran) was able to get his money back in the end. This Dominik fellow had two accounts at S&F: Ringwraith and Bladerunner. I believe both ended up banned by the admin.

He also ripped off a fellow collector over at the Shadow and Flame, read the full story here: https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37791. I believe the victim (Balduran) was able to get his money back in the end. This Dominik fellow had two accounts at S&F: Ringwraith and Bladerunner. I believe both ended up banned by the admin.

I knew "Stapf" ran a bell from somewhere and yeah, now I remember. So basically the guy has a serious track record now, one to totally avoid.

Nice!!!!! If that forum was working I was going to know about Dominik,
I tried to apply and post to that forum for ages now without success.

daimon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I am in the other forums as well now. I guess I had to email the moderator :)

While I loathe people being ripped off can I ask that you please not post people's private addresses on the Forum.
If someone needs that information please forward it by pm.
Thanks all.
x :duff

Nice!!!!! If that forum was working I was going to know about Dominik,
I tried to apply and post to that forum for ages now without success.

daimon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

You should try register again daimon, it's a great site.

If you can't get through to that site perhaps send a pm through this Board.
The owner of that Forum and is registered here too, great guy :rock
He username here is gabberjawa

x :wave

Last edited:
Back