1/6 Review: Tony Stark Headsculpt Comparison

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give you an even better thank you by buying your 5.0 head sculpt from you for half price. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapat

Ofcourse you would lol, I may consider it when the battle damaged version that has just been announced is released. Also nearly 1k of views, cheers everyone :)

There was a battle damaged version announced? Where?

This one, Also I have spoken to OneSixthKit and he is currently dealing with the supplier to get a 3rd run of the standard produced. Please dont overwhelm him with direct messages as he is getting between 10-20 requests a day for more of these sculpts. As soon as they are live I will post here. In addition thanks for helping my video review cross the 1K mark

stark.jpg

Wow! That's great news about a third batch! I picked up one initially from the first batch, but wanted a couple more from the second batch. It sold out much faster than I expected though. Also really cool to see the damaged one.
Great video of the comparisons by the way. I think you have helped sell many additional heads for them, hahaha.

I do have a question regarding OSK's site. I have only ordered through ebay with them, instead of the actual site, because their pre-order policy looks to be that they charge everything in full right away. Is that how it works? That seems extremely inconvenient for the customer. I would love to pre-order many things there, but I can't be charged for everything right away. Does anyone know?

Since this comes with a neck, the skin color shouldn't be an issue for those using this on an IM figure. If using this on a Stark figure, probably not a 100% match but you'd probably have to put the fig's hand near its face to see a difference.

I was thinking of using the neck-less version of the head as it would go on a Tony body which has a neck already.

The last OSK head I got looked very dark against the skin tone of the body/neck and in general (see pic above). Ended up in the spare parts tub.

Does anyone know when these will be available for purchase again? What's the best way to know right when they go up? Just check the site?

I got mine today... Looks as great as I'd hoped.

Are neck adapters something that someone makes? I remember Budget Stark saying he hadn't gotten one yet in his how to video.

13321246_1005473549506750_377024307_o.jpg

Looks great! What neck wrap are you using there, the Mark 7?

Onesixthkit sells the neck adapters, three for $9.

Thank you. I was never big on customizing, but I think i'm going to get into it more, so I'll be visiting them more often.

And yes, it is the mark 7 collar that comes with the IM3 Tony set.

Looks great! What neck wrap are you using there, the Mark 7?

Onesixthkit sells the neck adapters, three for $9.

None of those adapters work! Already purchased and tried. You my be able to fit the standard peg adapter, though it felt like you'd have to force it, but the neck and head would then be too tall.

None of those adapters work! Already purchased and tried. You my be able to fit the standard peg adapter, though it felt like you'd have to force it, but the neck and head would then be too tall.

So I purchased this from 1/6 Kit on Ebay (it came with his business card). And I asked the seller (I believe it was 1/6 Kit himself based on his signature) what adapter would work and he replied, very swiftly I might add,

"Hi there, There's no adapter can use for this head to fit MK43/45, I would suggest to stuff blu tac and it's how I put him on MK43 too

Thanks
Kit"

Despite no real adapter available, he stays in pretty well when I fitted him with the mark 7 neck brace, otherwise it'll fall out easy. It's snug enough to stay still and pose, but not vigorous shaking. The closest I can think to a working adapter might be Captain American's neck socket thing... No regrets as this is an amazing sculpt and paint job, on par with or better than some HT. I only wish I got a chance to get the non-neck one as well. The price was amazing too, I'd gladly buy more of this caliber.

apologies for the crappy pics, just took em from my phone so you could see. I'll do better ones later.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

So there's no neck adapter for this HS? Any suggestions on how to fit this on body peg?

Nice! Looks pretty good without a collar on Starboost, does it fit well?
With no official peg adapter, it's the same as all other head sculpts with attached necks before inserting there adapter. The hole is wide enough to go over any peg Hot Toys Makes, but it won't be a firm fit, you'll have to get creative. I may try the Blu Tac stuff people keep mentioning. Also, in regards to the Starboost armor, the collar region of the suit is a very snug fit, inserting the head sculpt with a separate collar isn't possible. Fortunately, aesthetics wise, it's not necessary like the other Marks.

How do you order one of these?
Ebay or Onesixthkit.com. Sold out for now though. Not sure if hey will be rereleasing this or the repainted version with the black eye. There will be one more batch coming soon though.

So there's no neck adapter for this HS? Any suggestions on how to fit this on body peg?
Right now it seems like only Blu Tac until Hot Toys releases the 46 Head Sculpt and that adapter is mass produced second hand.

Back