Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dc0f54006bbb7d410d3388b82761ea31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! It's one of blob things from RE6. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they always release in September. This year is different though, not only is it sharing the same release month as what is presumed to be the final Underworld movie, it also means that co-star Ruby Rose is going to have three back to back to back film releases in a row with xXx: Return of Xander Cage then Resident Evil: TFC then John Wick 2.

Some new stills, coincidently a few featuring Ruby's character Abigail.

Could be a variety of reasons. Like I previously mentioned, its being released in the states in the same month as the assumed final Underworld movie so this is the first time both of these franchises have shared a release month. It could be based on possibly helping Ruby Rose's stock rise as a actress by releasing three movies she is in a span of 3-4 weeks. It could also be a tie in with Capcom seeing as how Resident Evil 7 is also being released in January and Milla said that the film is going to feature never before seen creatures from RE7 and that the people that went to the Tokyo premiere for The Final Chapter were seeing some of RE7's enemies for the first time ever.

Skip to 1:15 or so to hear her comment.

Fun little tidbit about the Tokyo premiere, Hideo Kojima went to it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/808664856077312000

Its funny how he and Robert Kirkman seem to be fans of the series to some degree and both have made comments in the past about the need to make live action shows or films based on their properties different from the book and videogame sources.

Also cool to know, both Hideo and Kirkman work with Norman Reedus and Norman and Milla are actually close friends in real life and both have played characters that have used crossbows to kill zombies (Extinction had Alice using a crossbow three years before Daryl Dixon was created by Kirkman).

Back