Media Resident Evil General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0d3f88d46d5ab9d962d83fba96b0af28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone downloading Code Veronica X for the PS4?

oTPgSJQ.jpg

Hate CV... there's just something about it that just makes a chore to play. I've always said that Zero and CV are in a power struggle to be the less ****** game :lol

I agree with both but I do enjoy some parts or Code Veronica. Great tracks as well! Zero... I wanted to get the platinum but o end up getting bored or end up going back to PS3 to play 2 or 3.

Besides replaying the classics, it's been a few years since I've played Code Veronica probably played last on the GameCube. :lol I will never replay 4, 6 and "other" RE titles. I'm always replaying remake, 2 and 3 though.

Won't be downloading it until there's a sale...or it's offered free for playstation plus. I've purchased it enough times :lol

I still love CV. It's the last game to have good monster designs. Everything since has been a snoozer. *insert I blame RE4 comment here*

Besides replaying the classics, it's been a few years since I've played Code Veronica probably played last on the GameCube. :lol I will never replay 4, 6 and "other" RE titles. I'm always replaying remake, 2 and 3 though.

Yeah I usually play 2/3 but I've been playing Outbreak a lot.

Won't be downloading it until there's a sale...or it's offered free for playstation plus. I've purchased it enough times :lol

I still love CV. It's the last game to have good monster designs. Everything since has been a snoozer. *insert I blame RE4 comment here*

The game world is too damn big for classic style of play.

Think we may see re2 remake at e3 this yr?

If not, it's cancelled.

Anyone downloading Code Veronica X for the PS4?

It's a port of the PS2 version using the PS2 emulator on PS4, not the HD edition from 2011- Which sounds like a downgrade but it might be for the best since the HD edition since it was a botched remaster, along with RE4. Capcom somehow made both the games look worse with the lack of anti aliasing and massively incorrect colors.

It's a port of the PS2 version using the PS2 emulator on PS4, not the HD edition from 2011- Which sounds like a downgrade but it might be for the best since the HD edition since it was a botched remaster, along with RE4. Capcom somehow made both the games look worse with the lack of anti aliasing and massively incorrect colors.

Does it have the trophies?

Can somebody please let me know the pro and cons of the Ps4 version of CVX being the ps2 version? I had the ps2 version, and i can barely remember it but i remember getting the hd version on ps3 and thinking thank god i can actually see better and how nice and crisp it was. Im curious as to if i need to buy it or not, if its just shadows which are changed but the game looks blurrier and i need to change the settings on my TV then ill just stick with my hd version

Can somebody please let me know the pro and cons of the Ps4 version of CVX being the ps2 version? I had the ps2 version, and i can barely remember it but i remember getting the hd version on ps3 and thinking thank god i can actually see better and how nice and crisp it was. Im curious as to if i need to buy it or not, if its just shadows which are changed but the game looks blurrier and i need to change the settings on my TV then ill just stick with my hd version

Well, to answer your question thoroughly,

The PS4 version is nothing more than the PS2 version being emulated to HD, complete with PS2 Memory Card saving and all, plus it's in 4:3 aspect ratio. The HD version has trophies, but not a Platinum like the PS2(4) version has.

For the longest time I was happy with the HD version on PS3 but after replaying the PS2 version, I noticed what people were complaining all along in that the HD version seems to have the color and gamma changed- they now look more unrealistic than the PS2/Dreamcast versions.

If you're happy with the HD version, stick to that since there's nothing terribly wrong with it aside from the inaccurate presentation. It also has improved shadows but again, with the wrong colors it doesn't come off a a huge bonus. If you want the PS4 version, it should (in theory) be identical to the PS2 version upscaled to HD, you'll get a more accurate presentation, Platinum trophy at the cost of widescreen, since the original game wasn't in 16:9 to begin with. Just remember that the PS4 version is NOT a remaster, just a port.

So, in conclusion:

PS4 PROS:

- More accurate presentation.
- Platinum trophy.

PS4 CONS:

- Standard Academy Ratio (4:3)
- Memory Card notification, just like PS2.
- Any flaws from PS2 version will carry over.

Hope that answers your question. Phew! :lol

Last edited:
Thats a really good comment thank you very much. So id have to be in one of thoes.. elitist moods to want the original experience. Its interesting to keep in back of my mind. Code Veronica is my favorite of the old school tank control games but i only really know the HD remake as i couldnt progress in the ps2 version ( tv brightness turned up, but light still came through blinds even when closed and the light reflecting off the tv meant i couldnt see for the 2 hours i played it )

Thanks again for the comment. Next time i find myself omnibussing the games ill likely buy it and insert it into where i would of done the hd version as a novelty.

Yeah, either way is a fine choice so long as you have your expectations in check, although I would give the slight edge to the PS2(4) version. Personally for me though, I'm sticking with the Gamecube version since I have REmake, RE2 and 3 on that console as well. :lol

Resident Evil 6.
Haven't touched this game since finishing the main character missions 5 years ago, so decided to boot it up and give the Ada mission a go.
I forgot how terrible this game is. It's bad, very bad, and the Ada mission makes it even worse. Playing co-op with the Agent character is laughably bad.
So 6 hasn't improved with age at all, and I still consider it the worst in the series by far. NO redeeming features at all.

Resident Evil 6.
Haven't touched this game since finishing the main character missions 5 years ago, so decided to boot it up and give the Ada mission a go.
I forgot how terrible this game is. It's bad, very bad, and the Ada mission makes it even worse. Playing co-op with the Agent character is laughably bad.
So 6 hasn't improved with age at all, and I still consider it the worst in the series by far. NO redeeming features at all.

I've been replaying it slowly the last couple weeks. I'd still replay it over 7 any day.

Leon's campaign is great until you leave Tall Oaks. Chris's campaign is complete garbage, so is Jake and Sherry's. Ada is kinda okay since it's an extended RE4 mission basically.

Back