Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love RE4, it's the main reason the series had been derailed.

When you look at RE2-3-CV they all still use the RE1 formula. Grand puzzles that don't make any sense and a lot of backtracking. While that's fine, I don't think we should of stayed with that forever. I thought RE4 did it right while giving us a bit more action while still keeping horror elements in it.

Capcom read way too much into that, and we got plane crashes and grasshopper monsters.

Its a case of seeing a hint of what is good but then going to far with it in one direction, ignoring all the other things that make the game great as a whole. Capcom thought it was just the action that made 4 the big hit it was when in reality I think it was a combination of many things in the game that made it such a big hit as it was. New play style but still familiar, a protagonist that was likeable, and areas that could be explored and you did not feel so boxed in all the time.

I admit though that I tend to like 5 and 6 mainly just for Chris and Jill's stories but other than that little else. RE 7 I will give a chance once I see more what is going to be on offer, but so far I am cautiously optimistic. But I agree, so far 7 is far removed from RE as we have known it thus far.

tumblr_inline_o84do6e3mW1r2ya1z_500.gif

Me at Capcom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You liked the demo ?

Like parents say about kids and video games and how bad they are for you. For the first time i can say the same now that VR is here. Horror VR would be traumatising as **** for a weak mind, heck it could very well traumatise me.

Like parents say about kids and video games and how bad they are for you. For the first time i can say the same now that VR is here. Horror VR would be traumatising as **** for a weak mind, heck it could very well traumatise me.

RE6 and MGSV superfans.

Still say REmake atmosphere with the choice of RE4 or Fixed camera is the way the series shouldve gone.

RE2 over the shoulder I would gladly take if it meant getting survival horror. I never understood why Capcom failed to see Crimson Heads as the future.

Umbrella could have found a way to fast track the V-act mutation if not skip entirely the standard zombie mutation in certain hosts with a certain gene or blood type.

Ammo conservation would be harder as you rarely popped a decapitation from a handgun, cremation would be hard as you wouldnt have much to burn the bodies with. They are much faster than zombies and can one-hit kill you.

Drop Cerberus and the T-virus could be used to infect wolf breeds resulting in pack attacks. Things like that.

I actually think Capcom had some development reason for not including Crimson Heads, I know RE0 was a different T-virus strain in-game but they stated some issue.

Just saw a playthrough of the demo and I must say I'm cautiously optimistic. I mean yeah, if it stays FPS then it's definitely a huge departure from RE's formula, but given how this is already the 7th entry in a long-running franchise (not even counting CV, Revelations and Outrbreak games), then perhaps some shakeup in the formula wouldn't be so bad if it yields better results. In this regard, I hope we get a more traditional RE out of the REmake 2, and with that, I don't mind Capcom trying something different for this one.

Regarding the demo, the general vibe felt similar to the grimier parts of Revelations 2 and the setup almost reminds me of RE4 with the Ganados except, we're actually living it out among the civilians or something (in the credits of RE4 you see how the townsfolk slowly turn into the parasite-infected crazies which was one of the best little parts in the game). The whole vibe of this also reminded me of the original version RE4 which had weird hallucinatory bits and borderline supernatural imagery. I also loved that bit that I'm pretty sure was a reference to Blair Witch.

Should be called Bio Hazard for US release and Resident Evil for Japan release, because it's an all new type of game sigh

Read a few websites claiming Capcom are focusing on RE7 and the VR and pushed RE2 remake back for a mid 2018 release.

Can't wait for the demo so I can make up my mind about it. Should be up any time now.

Back