Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capcom has just concluded their Resident Evil 7 stream where they sat down with the game’s developer. Not a lot was revealed, since they don’t want to spoil anything from the story, but we have a decent amount of new information to chew on.
The game’s demo that is currently available on PlayStation 4 for PlayStation Plus subscribers, titled “Beginning Hour,” has been described in an official press release as being separate from the main game. It’s actually a prelude that leads up to the events of the game. As the developer described the demo, it’s more about setting the tone for the game.
The game’s protagonist will be a normal person, not someone with the skillset that comes with being a STARS officer or like other heroes/heroines from the series’ past (think Outbreak). Those that have been left wondering how this is still Resident Evil shouldn’t worry. It’s been stated that it will all make sense in the end, and it was intended for us to question what we’re seeing, and for us to speculate and make any possible connections to the series’ lore.
Oh, and one more thing: there won’t be any QTE’s in the game.
Stay tuned for more!

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest...e3-2016-new-resident-evil-7-details-revealed/

Maybe just maybe I'll pull back from hitting the panic button just yet. Buuuuut this could just be more Capcom ******** :lol who knows

I'll be honest, when I was watching the trailer on a website, I honestly believed I had tapped on the wrong video and was watching something entirely different. Then when Resident Evil popped up, I actually said out loud "wait, that's not resident evil".

Silent Hill 2 I'd say might be the greatest work of fiction I've ever played, by a huge huge margin.

I know people always hype up SH1, 2, 3 (and sometimes 4) because of Team Silent (despite the fact that the team actually kept splitting up almost every new game), but I don't think many people truly realize just how huge a bar SH2 set for the whole series on a game design level, so much so that I didn't even think that 3 remotely even reached it. The sad part is that I felt that the closest SH game to reach that level of game design and story craft was Shattered Memories, which still felt burdened by the fact that it was changed up for the sake of being turned into a re-imagining of SH1.

Not keen on the first person aspect and agree, it seems like they've over corrected since re6. Doesn't feel like resident evil just as much as 6 didn't.

But we'll wait and see.

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest...e3-2016-new-resident-evil-7-details-revealed/

Maybe just maybe I'll pull back from hitting the panic button just yet. Buuuuut this could just be more Capcom ******** :lol who knows

Interesting that they make a point of stating that this is separate from the main game. Probably to quell the screams of people not liking the VR FP view of this one, so maybe 7 itself will still be more traditional RE than we realise.

After reading this I'm kinda more happier to give this side game a chance. It's also possible they'll have secrets here and there in this game that'll hint at what or who 7 will be about, so here's hoping.

Well thank goodness this takes place in the re universe. With bio weapons and such. I'm tired of running around a house with nothing type games while you get stalked by a monster. It's fun but that's not resident evil. Glad the trailer was only for the demo. However it still didn't feel like resident evil in the demo, it's like a completely different game and universe.

I hope it's not like they just stick umbrella logos on things just to make fans happy.

I'll just wait for more details to emerge. Or a second trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people always hype up SH1, 2, 3 (and sometimes 4) because of Team Silent (despite the fact that the team actually kept splitting up almost every new game), but I don't think many people truly realize just how huge a bar SH2 set for the whole series on a game design level, so much so that I didn't even think that 3 remotely even reached it. The sad part is that I felt that the closest SH game to reach that level of game design and story craft was Shattered Memories, which still felt burdened by the fact that it was changed up for the sake of being turned into a re-imagining of SH1.

I got into a few years back... but I was watching a playthrough with commentary recently and it reinvigorated my interest in it. I definitely say it might of been the most thought out plot I've ever played in a game. It's got so much subtly, there was quite a few things I didn't understand on my playthrough that I do now. Just look at the sexual subject matter... and how superbly well it was handled. It could of been incredibly embarrassing, but far from it. I love MGS1-3 but I'd put SH2 up against any of them and it would win. It's science.

Demo was ok...... This comes out in Jan? Wow ok guess we'll be seeing more news in the coming months.

So capcom confirm that the demo isnt part of the final game. I just hope its not first person

I beat the demo, it was a carbon copy of P.T, but it was good enough. I'm interested on seeing what happens next.

I won't say but it's the same vein as P.T, beat for beat. I played with the lights off and surround sound, the atmosphere is superb.

I can roll with that. I'll download it later for sure. Might be another game my girl would be actually interested in since she's a horror addict.

I can roll with that. I'll download it later for sure. Might be another game my girl would be actually interested in since she's a horror addict.

It's fine. I guess at the end of the day, it's better than the COD RE we've been getting. I don't know if I love it, but I'm glad I played the demo and am excited to see what happens next. Make sure to play with the lights off!

It's fine. I guess at the end of the day, it's better than the COD RE we've been getting. I don't know if I love it, but I'm glad I played the demo and am excited to see what happens next. Make sure to play with the lights off!

I like Capcom is trying something new, but I don't think RE is the best place to test the waters. Especially after the series having a pretty horrible decade.

Back