Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are people saying vodka? I always thought that he and Marion were drinking wine in the tent. He said that it was his "family label." Surely a Frenchman's family wouldn't be making vodka, would they?

Just noticed, he's on Prometheus, why, I don't know when some other figures aren't and would be better with it :banghead

They started this line with the Pro - you want them to move backwards? Just like the Joe line which started on Pro.

Horrible sculpt so I'll wait for Toht.

And one of Belloq's accessories should be Marion's white dress.

Why not just put Marion in the dress? I'd rather that than the red pants version that always turns up.

I was hoping for a white suit Belloq, but I think the sculpt looks more like Vogel from Last Crusade. I'll wait to see more angles and stuff. I don't want to pass on him.

What if the Exclusive Idol Environment that he comes with is the pedastal from the beginning of Raiders? They could have put it with him (although logically it makes no sense as he was outside and he wasn't wearing his Cairo outfit then) as he's the companion figure to the ROTLA Indy and it makes him more appealing.:whip

What if the Exclusive Idol Environment that he comes with is the pedastal from the beginning of Raiders? They could have put it with him (although logically it makes no sense as he was outside and he wasn't wearing his Cairo outfit then) as he's the companion figure to the ROTLA Indy and it makes him more appealing.:whip
It's possible that an exclusive version of Belloq that comes with the Idol Environment may have an alternate outfit... like his jungle gear from the opening of the movie. That would make a lot more sense than the Cairo suit with that accessory.

Sideshow has done radically different alternate outfits on exclusives before (Dr. Zaius from POTA, Doggett from X-Files).

It's possible that an exclusive version of Belloq that comes with the Idol Environment may have an alternate outfit... like his jungle gear from the opening of the movie. That would make a lot more sense than the Cairo suit with that accessory.

Sideshow has done radically different alternate outfits on exclusives before (Dr. Zaius from POTA, Doggett from X-Files).

You're right, but what's puzzling is that the description for both the regular and exclusive version contain the info EXCLUSIVE IDOL ENVIRONMENT which makes me think it comes with both and maybe for the Exclusive one it's something really incidental like Marion's white dress.

I'm guessing the "ceremonial idol environment" was included in order to help sell this figure.

Yes, I know that he's only the second figure in the Indy line and interest is extremely high in this line, but if he's really just a guy in a white suit, package-wise. In order to justify the price of this particular figure, there's got to be something included that would make it a 'must-have'. If it's indeed the golden idol pedestal, it would be the "myynock" exclusive piece in the Indy line, for sure.*

*in my opinion, the myynock has been the coolest exclusive released so far in the 1/6th SW line.

Maybe the "cermonial idol enviroment" means a rocky base from the island at the end of the film.

I'm guessing the "ceremonial idol environment" was included in order to help sell this figure.

Yes, I know that he's only the second figure in the Indy line and interest is extremely high in this line, but if he's really just a guy in a white suit, package-wise. In order to justify the price of this particular figure, there's got to be something included that would make it a 'must-have'. If it's indeed the golden idol pedestal, it would be the "myynock" exclusive piece in the Indy line, for sure.*

*in my opinion, the myynock has been the coolest exclusive released so far in the 1/6th SW line.

In the discussion of the new products one of the SS Administrators said this Check out our 12 inch Belloq, a great companion to our 12 inch Indiana Jones figure. Sounds to me like the idol environment is going to be from the opening sequence of Raiders.

The sculpt isn't bad, but after looking at some screen shots I found two problems. The eyes should be open wider and the hat needs to be lower and slightly angled.

To me, I always remember Belloq in his white suit. Hopefully they improve the sculpt ( or is it a bad paintjob?) If not Hasbro will probablly release a Belloq with a better sculpt. Ive been surprised by the Hasbro sculpts. While toys, the sculpts have been pretty good. the indy with a whip sculpt, mutt,and swordsman are pretty dead on.

I'm in on this figure. The likeness could be better sure, but I've been waiting a long time to get ANY Indy 1/6th scale figure let alone a Rene Belloq

I just can't think of what he'd come with...I mean really

-a machine gun
-bottle of vodka and glasses
-maps?
-Marion's shoe?

I think they could really include the robes with him. It wouldn't require a whole lot extra.

Don't forget his...

hookah pipe
scarf
dig goggles

Back