Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are being WAAAY too harsh on the sculpt! As somebody who paints, sculpts, and has seen RAIDERS an un-Godly ammount of times, I can definitely tell that that is supposed to be Paul Freeman. I think it looks great. I'd imagine Freeman would be difficult to sclupt since he doesn't have too many distinct features, but I think this portrait captures the character and actor, perfectly.

Yeah, people are complaining it's just a "guy in a suit", then they go out and spend money on Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne who ARE just guys in suits.

This is Indy's nemesis in RAIDERS. To not have him with your Indy is like getting Bond without Goldfinger. Oh wait, whoops.... :)

When I first saw the sculpt I could recognize who it was but after looking at a picture of Paul Freeman, I just can't see a strong resemblance anymore. There's some there for sure, but it doesn't feel like there's enough.
072208belloq01mc4.jpg

250pxbelloqkz8.jpg

As for the costume, I'd much rather have him in a suit then Ceremony garb.
To me his clean perfect white suit perfectly contrasts his personality with the rough and dirty Indy in his adventure costume.

Rene Belloq is a rich archaeologist who made his fortune selling artifacts and doesn't get his hands dirty, the exact opposite of Indiana Jones.

Alot of that has to do with the paint job, the expression in that picture, and the position of the head. And I would rather have the ceremonial version to go with the Hasbro ark, and to recreate to film's climax.

Judging by the size and assuming it's poly, that's got to be a seperate environment piece. There's no way that is Belloq's exclusive.

Guys, look behind the Indy PF! Is that the idol environment?

https://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Comic_Con_2008/Comic-Con_2008_48.jpg

Here's a shot from the other angle. That's got to be the environment they mentioned.

https://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Comic_Con_2008/Comic-Con_2008_49.jpg

Sure looks like it. Very cool!!!! Awefully big to come with Belloq.

BTW, Belloq comes with WATCH and MACHINEGUN! Looks like the got the shoes and the jacket right too! Excellent.

I've merged Shropt's thread with this one because as I think we can all agree this idol environment must come with Belloq to make him more than just a guy in a white suit.:D

Re: Indiana Jones 12-inch Idol Environment

That's way too big to come with Belloq...unless Belloq costs $99.99.

Maybe the environment is like Maul's Balls. Or maybe, you get the environment when you buy both Belloq and TOHT!!!!

That's way too big to come with Belloq...unless Belloq costs $99.99.

Maybe the environment is like Maul's Balls. Or maybe, you get the environment when you buy both Belloq and TOHT!!!!

It says quite clearly when you scroll over both the regular and exclusive Belloq that he comes with an "exclusive idol environment"... Including that would definitely make this "guy in white suit" a must have.

I've merged Shropt's thread with this one because as I think we can all agree this idol environment must come with Belloq to make him more than just a guy in a white suit.:D

You guys really think Belloq will come with the whole environment?

Wow, there will be a lot of Belloq's on ebay soon. :D

It says quite clearly when you scroll over both the regular and exclusive Belloq that he comes with an "exclusive idol environment"... Including that would definitely make this "guy in white suit" a must have.

I know, but that's a sizeable exclusive. I've enever seen anything that big offered before. Maybe, I don't care, I'll get both, however they come.

This does offer hope for an ARK as well. Maybe that will come with TOHT!

This environment will definitely help sell Belloq. Maybe SS should go the Hasbro route and do a "build an ark" promotion where you have to buy crappy figures to get something good. Or maybe not. :lol

Back