Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has it been revealed what the packaging will be like? I'm curious if the Exclusive Belloq has an exclusive packaging that includes the environment with the figure or if the figure is packaged the same as the regular and the environment is in a seperate box. :dunno

Where did you get the safari outfit?

I'm using the jodhpurs from DID's Colonel Ito. I'm using some black German jack boots. In the movie, I think they're brown, but the DID boots have the strap and buckle. I'll probably drybrush them with a little brown paint.

The shirt is from DID's Edward Stiner figure. It didn't have the epaulettes but the collar is right. I figured it would be a lot easier to add the epaullettes than to modify the collar.

Lastly, I got a BBI pith helmet that's pretty perfect. It'll just need a few minor adjustments.

Now all I need is a belt and holster. I'm not sure what type of gun or holster Belloq is using, but I saw one on Stevo's toys that looks about right. Or maybe Mr. Fisher can make a Belloq rig to go with the awesome Indy rig he made for me.:)

I can definitely do up a Belloq Jungle gear belt and holster.. ( actually his holster appears to just be a Webley holster anyway.. which is the LC, KOTCS holster).. as for his boots though... check the newline miniatures brown japanese officer's boots... real leather and a perfect dark brown !!! This merchant has them in stock.. just click on Newline Miniatures then go to footwear.. they also still have the real leather Indy boots.. if you have not gotten those for your 1/6 Indy yet YOU ARE NUTS !! :) https://www.toysoldierbrigade.com/

I can definitely do up a Belloq Jungle gear belt and holster.. ( actually his holster appears to just be a Webley holster anyway.. which is the LC, KOTCS holster).. as for his boots though... check the newline miniatures brown japanese officer's boots... real leather and a perfect dark brown !!! This merchant has them in stock.. just click on Newline Miniatures then go to footwear.. they also still have the real leather Indy boots.. if you have not gotten those for your 1/6 Indy yet YOU ARE NUTS !! :) https://www.toysoldierbrigade.com/

Well, then I guess I need to get a jungle gear belt and Webley holster from you:). I'll shoot you an e-mail.

I do have the Japanese officer's boots for another custom, but the German boots had the strap and buckle detail. If you look at the dvd, Belloq's boots appear much darker than the Japanese boots as well. Luckily, I'll be able to try both out.

And I also have Newline's Indy boots. They're beautiful and compliment the belt you made nicely!

I take back what I said... from this photo I dug up on another site ( which is a perfect reference for the holster ) It looks as though his holster is pretty much just a dark brown version of the Raiders Smith&Wesson holster.. does not appear as long as the standard Webley holster

belloq.jpg

You can also see that his pants were British cavalry Breeches due to the unique rear "field dressing" pocket which is indicative of British Military origin..

I think I'll definitely take his MP-40 machine pistol with magazine and strap and use it for my TLC Indy that I've got on the shelf (waiting patiently for Medi's Pa to join him).

If you want a good MP-40 look into the ones made by DML or Did... Did made some made of real metal, real leather sling with metal sliders.. I guarantee the details on eithe the DiD of DML MP-40 will beat the pants off of the Sideshow one...

Oooh, I like the safari outfit idea for Belloq. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm thinking of posing my Belloq like this, jacket open, sans tie (or with tie tucked under the partially open shirt...maybe with the light blue shirt too)...at least at the beginning.

294.jpg

Once I get Toht, I may take the jacket off and have Belloq holding it over his shoulder with his hat in the other hand, sleeves rolled up...sort of a 'Tannis digs' type-of-look...

228.jpg

If it weren't for the idol pedestal, I'd probably cancel him. As it is, I can't wait to see what some paint will do for him. I like the open shirt look. I think I may do that as well.

I like the Tanis Digs idea... just come up with a custom ascot.. and those german dust goggles would be a cinch to scratchbuild out of scrap clear plastic.. ( cut from a 2 liter soda bottle maybe) Putting a Dietrich together is not hard either with the German uniforms that are available.. the only hitch is tracking down the DML "Faulkner" headsculpt which bears a great resemblance, see here: https://web.mac.com/fishlippi/Site/dietrich.html
that particular figure is just hard o find now though....

I'm thinking of posing my Belloq like this, jacket open, sans tie (or with tie tucked under the partially open shirt...maybe with the light blue shirt too)...at least at the beginning.

294.jpg

Any chance I get at posting these is a good excuse, but since there seems to be more interest now than ever about Belloq's proper Tanis Gear...

Here's my old custom set I put together:

Raidersbaddies.jpg

Belloq's got all the right parts here -- even the "ascot", which is really a bandana rolled up and tied around his neck. Many of you know I made these quite some time ago, so they don't hold up to today's scrutiny, but the required parts are all there.

:D

Thanks guys! They're posted in my old customs thread and I occasionally bring them out when the conversation calls for it.

Again, all three are basically bashes so they don't really measure up to what SS and HT are doing these days, but they still hold up pretty well. :) At least I have a worthwhile Dietrich for the new SS Toht and Belloq.

Mfisher: the Belloq suit (jacket and pants only) was made for me by a woman who no longer makes 1/6th clothing. I think her site was called Civies or something many years ago. She did a great job -- he has all the right pleats in the pockets, the right buttons, even the pleat in the back and the "belt" on his back. Of course, SS has done what looks to be a perfect job on the suit too. The hat -- I have no idea. I got it when I first started these customs back in the dark ages of 2000. I think its from GI Joe. I cut off some of the brim and heat-shaped it a bit in the back to get the right shape, and of course repainted it and added the black band. Finding that hat back then was really hard.

But like all of you, I wanted the Tanis Dig outfit -- open light blue shirt, bandana "ascot", exposed belt -- basically the very shot IndianaFett posted above. The outfit Belloq wore from the time he left Indiana in the tomb all the way thru the Truck Chase. That's how I remember him best.

But the SS Belloq does allow me a slightly different look -- the Cairo Bar look. Get a striped shirt and flat gray tie and you have the Belloq from the Submarine thru the Indy Bazooka scene.

Back