Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Can't wait for the idol environment. Belloq was a great bonus! :lol

That's exactly how I've seen it. The enviro is a must-have. Belloch was a plus.

$60 is not a bad deal for something like that. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on eBay for $75-$100. Hope not because I want one badly.

I'm expecting this environment to eventually go crazy on the secondary market. There's only 1000 made and once in-hand pics start getting around, there's going to be quite a demand. Many will NOT be selling them, so not many enviros will be flooding ebay initially. Eventually it will dry up, once they get into collector's hands.

Awesome, Can't wait for this! :rock

043.jpg

045.jpg

For now I plan on posing 'adventure Indy' with the Idol pedestal environment and Belloq on his own. At least until we get Toht, then I'll pose the 2 of them together with the ark!

:rock

Provided my waitlist comes through, I might pose him like that. Or the scene right after he turns around to leave.

That would look badass as well!

046.jpg

or even...

r83.jpg

so many variation possibilities...I might have to put the display on a 'lazy-susan' or a turntable...so I can spin it around to enjoy the many angles! Haha! :lol

I can't help not being convinced by the head sculpt of Belloq and Toht.
I just don't see the actors' faces in them.
Their brother, maybe, but I'm not collecting relatives.

Something totally different for the idol environment.. as my Indy is posed on my base camp vignette.. I was thinking about doing up a custom Hovitos warrior.. soem kind of scene with one of them in the idol chamber would be kind of a cool different angle on how to display the idol.. as opposed to always just having Indy holding it or swapping it out... ther had to be a Hovitos lackey that was responsible for going in there and dusting that thing off once a week :)

Something totally different for the idol environment.. as my Indy is posed on my base camp vignette.. I was thinking about doing up a custom Hovitos warrior.. soem kind of scene with one of them in the idol chamber would be kind of a cool different angle on how to display the idol.. as opposed to always just having Indy holding it or swapping it out... ther had to be a Hovitos lackey that was responsible for going in there and dusting that thing off once a week :)

Excellent idea, Mike.

The only problem is that you'll be running into the bane of 1/6th figure collectors, which is having those ugly figure joints showing and ruining the effect. having a killer headsculpt and paint app would only make those joints stick out even worse.

So, as sweet as the environment is, I'm just thinking, "If Indy is in the idol chamber, who's going to hang out with the Ark when it comes out?? Toht and Belloq?? Eww, yuck". I really have no desire for the Belloq, I hope someone can take it off my hands to take some of the sting off my wallet. So, now if I don't want Belloq, can I really swing that much cash for an environment??

I think you'd be better off getting the exclusive and selling Belloq off afterwards. Of course, I'm sure many others will do the same which may flood the market with loose Belloqs, but I figure the environments are going to cost a mint in the aftermarket! And you could always change your mind and keep Belloq if you see that no-one is buying him.

Excellent idea, Mike.

The only problem is that you'll be running into the bane of 1/6th figure collectors, which is having those ugly figure joints showing and ruining the effect. having a killer headsculpt and paint app would only make those joints stick out even worse.

A HotToys Rocky would fix that. Though, you'd have severely limited poseability.

Back