Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could also be that people's impatience is also tanking the line. Not trying to shift blame to collectors, but honestly whats the big deal if the figures come out slow? As long as they happen I'm happy.

I do hope this line will at least get to some more interesting characters, but the only 3 I've ever really, really wanted were Indy (check), Toht and Mola Ram. Aside from that I had little expectation... maybe get a Sr, but never 100% on that one.

As we've learned with the Lord of the Rings line, when figures come out very slowly, people tend to lose interest in a line. And people like to know that they can expect a line to continue at least for a while. They don't want to start collecting a line only to have it end before their favorite characters come out.

It could also be that people's impatience is also tanking the line. Not trying to shift blame to collectors, but honestly whats the big deal if the figures come out slow? As long as they happen I'm happy.

I do hope this line will at least get to some more interesting characters, but the only 3 I've ever really, really wanted were Indy (check), Toht and Mola Ram. Aside from that I had little expectation... maybe get a Sr, but never 100% on that one.

After Indy (and waaaaaaaaaaaay before Belloq--but oh well) I want Mola, Toht, Henry Sr., and a tux wearing Indy. I think we'll be happy with the line once Indy arrives and that'll re-energize the whole thing.:gun

Well, I canceled Belloq. If this line isn't dead before it started (which I really hope, but kinda doubt) then I may pick up the regular version later. The environment piece isn't enough to make me pay quite a bit extra in order to get a display piece for a line that didn't go anywhere. There's just too much stuff coming this year, and I'll need the time he would come in to recover before the 2nd quarter onslaught. Plus, there's the fact that if this line is as dead as we all fear, that I would rather just have Indy, who can stand alone as a film icon. With Belloq it makes me wish think there should be more.

Many folks seem to be jumping ship... I hope that you don't regret that later on. Each to his own.:gun

Many folks seem to be jumping ship... I hope that you don't regret that later on. Each to his own.:gun

I think I made my reasons pretty clear. A major one being that I need the first quarter to be empty for me. The fact that this line really doesn't seem to be going any further is another factor. If we do indeed get more figures, then I'll be happy to pick up Belloq later at a cheaper price.

I was about to cancel some stuff form pre-orders, and ROTLA Belloq was gonna get the axe but I just thought about something, I can use the suit for something else...

3908_press02-001.jpg

Smooth_criminal_video.jpg

:rock:rock:rock

I'd rather have that version. I just want the Idol piece but I also think it would be fun to make one and it would not cost to much $$.

In light of the recent Dead variants, do you think Sideshow will milk Belloq and release him in ceremonial robes from the end?

That's actually the only version of Belloq I want. I think they should have either not sold this figure at all, or sold this figure with the ceremonial robes and staff Belloq is seen wearing at the end of Raiders. I think the idol chamber environment should have been sold as a solo piece. Me thinks Sideshow will offer up another Belloq, however, this time in ceremonial robes, and he too will not be alone! I'm talking about the ark, of course! Why else would they release this version of Belloq?

Going by how this Belloq sold and how many complained about him, I doubt SS would double-dip.

But this Belloq IS Belloq as he appears in 93% of the film.

I think I'd rather have Safari Gear Belloq before Ceremonial, but that's just me. :)

Now if they did Dietrich AND Toht, then having Ceremonial Belloq would make sense. Of course, there's no doubt that Dietrich will NOT be made.

I am so pumped that my Belloq WaitList converted! now all I need to do is ditch the jacket and hat and give him a grease gun to protect the Ark! But yeah I hope they do Dietrich, he is the unsung villain in ROTLA. Maybe he can come with an exclusive watermelon and off camera dog? :lol

Going by how this Belloq sold and how many complained about him, I doubt SS would double-dip.

But this Belloq IS Belloq as he appears in 93% of the film.

I think I'd rather have Safari Gear Belloq before Ceremonial, but that's just me. :)

Now if they did Dietrich AND Toht, then having Ceremonial Belloq would make sense. Of course, there's no doubt that Dietrich will NOT be made.

I think that's the key point that most people have dismissed.

Got on the WL for the Ex. Had to axe it a while back and as part of my B-Day from my grandparents I got enough money to get this and the Indy PF.

Got on the WL for the Ex. Had to axe it a while back and as part of my B-Day from my grandparents I got enough money to get this and the Indy PF.

What advantage is there to axe it so early and not when it's closer to shipping?

Awesome! Hopefully your WL converts. Are you on the WL for the PF as well or did you keep that order?

What advantage is there to axe it so early and not when it's closer to shipping?

I gave it the axe a while back cause I've cut back to only pieces I must have. $$ issues for me.

Awesome! Hopefully your WL converts. Are you on the WL for the PF as well or did you keep that order?

Thanks! I've been talking with Matt (LOTRFan) about buying his regular as well. So I should be covered either way.

Thanks! I've been talking with Matt (LOTRFan) about buying his regular as well. So I should be covered either way.

I sent a PM to the appropriate party, he should be sending you a message soon.

:wave

Back