Regrets.........

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JABBATHERIDGE

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hear alot on the boards about how people loved SW or Marvel or whatever because it was something they loved from childhood.

Well was there anything you remember being into in your childhood that you now look back on and go "what was I thinking?"

For me it's Spawn.

I loved Spider-Man when I was a kid and kinda graduated onto Spawn during the mid ninties, but when I look at it now, I can't for the life of me remember why I got into it in the first place. I've kinda always loved Spidey and the Marvels but when I look back at that time of my life when I was into Spawn, I really don't know what I was thinking.

Anyone else got anything like that?:D

Cabbage Patch Dolls. Dang them for being so cute. I should never have turned them into Garbage Pail Kids customs...I miss them so.:monkey2

I regret actually playing with my Star Wars Toys what was wrong with me. I should have just kept them all in the package. Ok I really dont regret it I do regret not keeping any of it as well as my Transformers, M.A.S.K., and GI Joes. Not because they would be worth something but I have kids now and 2 of them are boys and they would love them.

I regret all the SW figures I either 1) froze in the freezer 2) nailed to my tree 3) buried in various places around the salt lake valley 4) Burned in little stick houses I made and 5) sent up in bottle rockets.

Wish I had never done any of that. :monkey2

My Little Rascals Our Gang Mego toys. WTF was I thinking?????

My BIGGEST regret???

My Six Million Dollar man action figure that I used to have as a kid. I also had a rocket that turned into an operating table, Oscar Goldman, Maskatron and all the extra bionic arms...Oh and Bigfoot!

Plus the about 50 or so Mego action figures. My Starsky and Hutch action figures and car:monkey2 :monkey2

Cocoboloboy said:
Cabbage Patch Dolls. Dang them for being so cute. I should never have turned them into Garbage Pail Kids customs...I miss them so.:monkey2

Ha ha I did the same thing! :lol My boy was named Hannibal. I gave him tatoos, a Mohawk and renamed him Cannibal.

pixletwin said:
I regret all the SW figures I either 1) froze in the freezer 2) nailed to my tree 3) buried in various places around the salt lake valley 4) Burned in little stick houses I made and 5) sent up in bottle rockets.

Hey Pix, too funny , I did most of all those things as well. I took my C-3P0 when i was about 6 and put him in a glass of water and froze him overnight. In the morning my mom wanted to kill me, the ice expanded and broke the glass! See! my first science lesson was through Star Wars!

Underoos, nothing good ever came from them. :eek:

I do wish I had my Ewok Village and other SW toys to pass on to my boys, not to mention all my Transformers, Battle Beasts, G.I. Joe, TMNT, and of course He-Man.

:cool:

Buying MULTIPLE MULTIPLE MULTIPLE copies of X-Force #1 and supporting ANYTHING Rob Liefield ever did

pixletwin said:

Yikes:D

SW figures beware, the evil mad scientist Pixeltwin is on the prowl:lol

occulum said:
Buying MULTIPLE MULTIPLE MULTIPLE copies of X-Force #1 and supporting ANYTHING Rob Liefield ever did

I remember buying the first issue of Spawn and thinking "in fifteen years time this thing's gonna be worth a fortune":lol

Well guess we all know how that turned out:D

pixletwin said:

Pixletwin...you sounded like a creative, energetic and imaginative young kid. Don't ever regret enjoying your youth. I think if you had stayed in your house and never opened those figures your regrets would be about enjoying life as a child and not your toys and to me that is so much worse.

I guess my only regret is blowing up my Omega Surpreme Transformer with an M-80 that is now getting 1-2K on ebay :D

When you're a kid you don't know any better, so something like Stretch Armstrong I thought was the coolest thing. I question more my toy purchases when I was a teenager and a young adult.

One that comes to mind: Following the release of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, I went out and bought all of the action figures. :monkey4 I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

And you'd think I'd learn my lesson after that. No, no...

Following the release of Lost in Space, I did the same thing. :monkey4

I'm still trying to figure that one out. :confused: If I had any sense, I'd been buying Indiana Jones.

Darthrazz said:
Anyone remember M.A.S.K.? That show ruled. So did the toys.

It was pretty cool, too bad the toys were on the smaller side.

Go-Bots now, what a rip-off! :emperor

jimmyjamesf said:
I really regret wearing my Dukes of Hazzard Belt buckle to the first day of first grade.
That's hilarious! I wore a yellow shirt with a HUGE cheesy Dukes picture on the front to the first day of first grade.:rotfl Maybe we were the cool kids. After all, Daisy was in the picture too.:monkey5

About 10 years ago I bought a bunch of mint carded GI Joes (from years 1983-1985) from Brian's Toys and some other toy shops advertising in magazines. Snake-eyes w/Wolf, Storm Shadow, Firefly, Cobra Eels, Snow Serpents, Gung Ho, Dusty, Shipwreck, Mutt w/Junkyard, Cobra Officer, and Ripcord. I paid $200 each for Snake-Eyes, SS, and Firefly, and $60 a piece for the others. I had them for about a month and thought that was kind of extreme of me to spend so much money on childhood toys and didn't want to be a "toy geek" so I sold them all for same amount I paid.

Why I didn't at least keep Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, or Firefly I'm still trying to figure out. I cry whenever I see the prices they sell for on ebay now. :monkey1

choopie said:
When you're a kid you don't know any better, so something like Stretch Armstrong I thought was the coolest thing. I question more my toy purchases when I was a teenager and a young adult.

One that comes to mind: Following the release of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, I went out and bought all of the action figures. :monkey4 I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

And you'd think I'd learn my lesson after that. No, no...

Following the release of Lost in Space, I did the same thing. :monkey4

I'm still trying to figure that one out. :confused: If I had any sense, I'd been buying Indiana Jones.

Don't feel bad, choopie. I actually bought all the action figures when Independence Day came out, including the 12" alien figure. Now that is a genuine regret. :monkey2

Back