Regrets.........

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything Chaos Comics put out I bought when I was 15-17. WTF? Big breasted ladies from hell and Hair Metal Zombies? You can't blame me, I was a 300 lbs metal head, it was my duty. But then I lost a lot of weight and got more worldly, and sold all my comics on eBay (surprised to make as much as I did, I thought Chaos comics were a joke.)

LOTRFan said:
Underoos, nothing good ever came from them. :eek:

I do wish I had my Ewok Village and other SW toys to pass on to my boys, not to mention all my Transformers, Battle Beasts, G.I. Joe, TMNT, and of course He-Man.

:cool:

I Forgot about Battle Beasts I loved those.

When I was kid I had this hard plastic Superman ball about the size of a baseball. It had something in it that made it rattle and I remember my dad hated it because it made so much noise. I was out side probably at age 6 or 7 and I hit it with a baseball bat and lost it I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Fast forward 23 or so years and I am in a thrift store with my wife Walking around look up and here is the Superman ball in the packaging for a whooping 10 cents. I look at and say it has to be a new release but no it’s in the original packaging and is from 1978. Of course I bought it and took it home and set it proudly on top of my desk in the living room.

A few months before this I am walking around my folks yard with my kids and look down at me feet and what do I see half buried in the dirt my SUPERMAN Ball. I pulled it out the Superman logo was facing down so its was still in fair shape and the rest of the ball was discolored as you would imagine after being out side for 20 plus years in South Dakota.

To finish up the story I was watching TV the other night I kept hearing this really hard ball being thrown against the floor upstairs. I assumed the kids were up there playing with my old Superman Ball so I decided to go up there and tell them this great story. That I am making you all read and show them what the ball originally looked like. I walked over to my desk to grab the basically new one from the back of my desk and it was gone. Go upstairs and there is my 2 year old son with it torn from the package. He looks up at me with huge grin and says "Superman Ball" then throws it to the floor. So now my old Superman Ball sits on top my desk and he plays with the old "new" one.

My Dad was right though that thing is loud and annoying.

Thanks for sharing that story. That was great!

You know that if you hadn't bought the second ball, you never would have found the first right??:D

pixletwin said:
I regret all the SW figures I either 1) froze in the freezer 2) nailed to my tree 3) buried in various places around the salt lake valley 4) Burned in little stick houses I made and 5) sent up in bottle rockets.

Wish I had never done any of that. :monkey2

Why?What a great way to stop being a kid and step into manhood.(i did the same thing)Sure it woulda been nice to have kept a few,but tell me ya didn't have a blast doing it!!

Smurfs.

A friend at school got me into them. I had the huge Mushroom house and a whole village of smaller mushroom houses plus hundreds of smurfs. I did like Gargamel and Azreal but now I wonder what the hell I was thinking. Peer pressure.

I regret letting my parents make me get rid of my SW vechiles and selling my Masters of the Universe stuff I had jsut about everything.:monkey2

But I have all my other toys all my SW figures, all my Transformers, like 500 hotwheels, even the Big Tonka Trucks:chew

Baseball Cards. They were great when I was growing up in the 80's but they took a massive nose dive in the 90's and I still collected them. Glad I stoped when packs started costing $10 for 3 cards... now its even worse.

Ah......To see everyone reflect on their youth.......brings a tear to my eye:monkey2

What I really miss is ripping my G.I. Joes apart and shoving a jumping jack(firework) into the torso, lighting it and watching it breakdance and bust a move:chew !!

I wouldn't necessarly say I regreted it but the Thunder Cats. I have pretty much all of the figures still. I went back a couple of years ago and watched an episode or two. It just didn't seem as cool. Same with GI Joe and He-Man. All cool shows when I was a kid but didn't seem to hold up well for me.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Yikes:D

SW figures beware, the evil mad scientist Pixeltwin is on the prowl:lol

LOL! I can remember getting my butt beat by my dad. I used to like to melt figures on a kerosene heater. It was great fun to watch the feet melt. I then moved on to Junior Mints on the heater. I got beat hard for that one. LOL! :lol :lol :lol

madden821 said:
Baseball Cards. They were great when I was growing up in the 80's but they took a massive nose dive in the 90's and I still collected them. Glad I stoped when packs started costing $10 for 3 cards... now its even worse.

LOL! Don't forget Carbage Pale Kids! Those were awesome. :chew

Being poor....I would ask for GI Joes, Transformers for Christmas and always would end up with the knock offs of them. Luckly I had 5 fingers.

No regrets here at all, everything I liked was BAD ASS!!! Spider-Man & Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats, Robotech, He-Man, G.I. Joe, hell I even loved the Smurfs!! :rock

BadMoon said:
LOL! Don't forget Carbage Pale Kids! Those were awesome. :chew

I still have the complete 3 - 9 Garbage Pail Kids series. :lol

and yeah Dave, it was a blasy destroying my SW figs. :rock

pixletwin said:
I still have the complete 3 - 9 Garbage Pail Kids series. :lol

and yeah Dave, it was a blasy destroying my SW figs. :rock

I was recentlyy going through my parents garage and found one Go-bot I had. That stupid crappy white bush plane one. They couldn't even make a cool Go-bot from a fighter jet r something... A friggin bush jumper... It even still had the Decepticon sticker I stole from a friends Transformer which I stuck on him to make him seem cooler... I suppose that was my first custom. :lol

I wanted a Cabbage Patch doll so bad when I was a kid...but never got one. :monkey2 :monkey2 I did have some vintage Barbie dolls that were my mom's when she was a girl. I hated them, because they weren't cool like the ones that were coming out when I was a kid. I ended up cutting off their hair, putting black eyeliner on them and turning them into prostitutes....I was pretty demented as a kid. Now I almost have a heart attack when I see one of them selling on eBay for hundreds of dollars.

Jen said:
I wanted a Cabbage Patch doll so bad when I was a kid...but never got one. :monkey2 :monkey2 I did have some vintage Barbie dolls that were my mom's when she was a girl. I hated them, because they weren't cool like the ones that were coming out when I was a kid. I ended up cutting off their hair, putting black eyeliner on them and turning them into prostitutes....I was pretty demented as a kid. Now I almost have a heart attack when I see one of them selling on eBay for hundreds of dollars.

My Cabbage Patch doll was called Tyler. LOL! I can't believe that I even remember that. Hopefully my Marine friends will never find out. :D

Ugh, Power Rangers. Sad thing is I was in fifth grade at the time and shoulda known better.

P.S. I used to freeze my toys in water too. I always thought I was the only weird one who did that. Burying them was popular too. I also liked to send them up with my kite. I also liked to cover some with candle wax. And then one winter I had a couple spend the entire season in a pickle jar filled with dirt at the bottom of the pool. No clue why. :confused:

Back