Redman - The Cowboy G

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't condone the practice of recasters but for those that missed out on the customs, this is a nice alternative.

I paid a ridiculous amount for the Iminime Freedom Warrior but I won't be mad if it gets recast and allows more collectors to purchase/enjoy the figure. I see that there is a Scottish Warrior available now but I don't believe that's a recast though.

I think the money thrown in custom's is crazy imo. I dont give a F if you think your Lame as$ EXORCIST Figure cost you a grand. Congrats you spent a ton of money for a barbie bed and custom headsculpt.:lol . This is a hobby for fun and the day i spend a grand on a custom figure is the day i need to quit this hobby.

You obviously give enough of a f##k to foster resentment for the practice. You need to realise not everyone in his hobby is coming from the same place financially or is in it for the exact same reason. You may consider the asking price for certain pieces to represent 'a ton of money' but to others a couple of grand for'a lame ass barbie bed & custom head' (as you call it) may be nothing out of the ordinary and might not even be missed. If it's a price they can afford to pay and are willing to pay, then where's the problem exactly? Why does it automatically rub some people up the wrong way? Simply because they themselves can't afford to do the same or choose not to do the same? In your own words "BOO FN HOO". Don't buy them then, but don't begrudge other people doing so. If you want to buy a recast of someone else's work then go ahead, but why the need to gloat about the fact or try and portray it as somehow getting one over those who paid more for the original piece? Petty point scoring really shouldn't factor into "a hobby for fun" now, should it?

I do find it funny that recasting unlicensed work is treated as more "wrong" than licensed around here.

25105212841_a2381a05bb_o.jpg

:monkey3

When my bootleg Brother Production Tom Hardy Max Max sculpt arrives I'll be putting it on my bootleg TTM19 body and transferring the clothes and accessories from my bootleg Art Figures Hardy Mad Max to it.

Then I plan to transfer everything from my bootleg Blondie onto the taller Art figures body.

Bootleg Josie Wales is already on a Coo Models body.

I elected to put bootleg Django on a bootleg TT narrow shoulder, rather than the intended body, since it's shorter and makes for more natural posing.

(I donated the unused KP muscle body to my old licensed Sideshow Lando).

Very cool collection.:clap I was just looking at TRIADS Saloon Dio on utube would look amazing with your collection. If u can find it.

https://youtu.be/rfBJ3I3Z1C4?t=9

I think you'll be fine with the clothes. You got a little play in the pants in regards to length. The shirt has some long sleeves which should be shorter in reality. Are the arms also longer on these figures? I don't know about the vest, but that may be the biggest area of contention. He should be about 12.66 in. (32 cm)

With that 27 cm body and the ankle extenders you'd get pretty close. Cleef I would leave as is. Tuco might be the toughest as he may end up looking stubby.

Wallach (Rest in Peace) and Eastwood both shrunk in their old age. I would say put Tuco on a slim truetype, and ankle extenders on both Blondie and Angel Eyes.

The head is slightly large and the hat a smidge too small, but it's a nice figure all around.
hv12qq.jpg

I do find it funny that recasting unlicensed work is treated as more "wrong" than licensed around here.

Indeed. Also the companies and people making unlicenced products in significant runs are themselves ripping the legitimate rights holders off by making money on the backs of someone else's work, without due compensation. So (even though I don't support recasting) when somebody turns around and does the same thing to them I can't exactly shed too many tears, personally.

Just my view, anyhow.

Basically this: anyone that downloads movies and music should have no say in this matter. It is nice to recast? No. It is logical that it happens though, considering the rarity of some items.

Finally rounded out this set w/ Tuco and Angel Eyes. The circle is now complete.
d404668a591c66b4a02957adbf70d0e4.jpg
805f17223fd5051e0d60688249e55948.jpg
4d1d97b4427427f82276d91fd5d99a33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did anybody order the new Redman Blondie from the Fist movies?

I got him a a week or so ago.

The sculpt is identical to the GBU version as far as I could tell. The double sided poncho is a big improvement. The sheepskin vest looks a little darker than the original release. The holster and gun belt took acrylic paint well, so I was able to make the colour more authentic.

Still too short, of course, as Redman use the same body for everyone. On my GBU I swapped him onto a tall CooModel. But for this one I went cheap and just stuffed his boots to lengthen his legs and give him more of an Eastwood appearance.

It's been a few years since the dust was blown off this thread!

The original Redman GBU trio:

IMG_0617 Redman GBU.JPG
IMG_0620 Redman GBU.JPG
IMG_0621 Redman GBU.JPG
IMG_0622 Redman GBU.JPG
IMG_0627 Redman GBU.JPG

IMG_0624 Redman GBU.JPG

Redman's later For a Few Dollars More release:

IMG_0631 Redman For a Few Dollars More.JPG

IMG_0629 Redman For a Few Dollars More.JPG

GBU Blondie is wearing the double sided poncho from this figure. I made all the figures the correct height, using CooModel tall bodies for Clint and extending Lee Van Cleef's ankles.

I've never found them to photograph well, but they look okay en masse on display:

IMG_0616 Western.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, they look a little stubby. I know they are recasts but they are still some of my favorite figures in the collection.
What did you do to Wales? He looks a million times better than mine.

Yeah, they look a little stubby. I know they are recasts but they are still some of my favorite figures in the collection.
What did you do to Wales? He looks a million times better than mine.

I cut the top of his head off so the hat would sit lower.

It's not a complete success as the crown of the hat is too small, so from the side you can see that it doesn't fully cover the back of his head.

Josey Wales is the only one of Sideshow's Eastwood series that I've pre-ordered. When I have that I may take the coat off the Redman and have him displayed showing the shoulder holster.

Back