Redman - The Cowboy G

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to their defense, the recanted heads were widely available long before Redman even started that project. Maybe they just decided to go the easy way. Take their Jose Wales. That's an original sculpt.

The josey sculpt is actually quite good, the paints are meh, but its their. The jacket is the wrong color, but its a fix with a little brown dye.

For those that would like to kitbash their own cowboys, Battlegear toys is a great resource.

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

Well, to their defense, the recanted heads were widely available long before Redman even started that project. Maybe they just decided to go the easy way. Take their Jose Wales. That's an original sculpt.

I thought the Josey Wales was recasted from Scott Peterson's sculpt.

Looking at that, they obviously had a talented sculptor working on Josey Wales. It's a great sculpt.

Recasting the GBU trilogy was a d**k move. Blondie and Angel Eyes were amazing sculpts by Iminime and I'm sure they knew they couldn't beat them in that department, but even close enough but not re-casted would have been acceptable to most people I'm sure. There's a MASSIVE difference between copying the details of someone's work from scratch (matching the expression and overall vibe of the sculpt) and actually re-casting their work.

Good way to avoid the appeal of these recasts is to periodically release small batches of in demand figures. Good for producers, good for customers.

Looking at that, they obviously had a talented sculptor working on Josey Wales. It's a great sculpt.

Recasting the GBU trilogy was a d**k move. Blondie and Angel Eyes were amazing sculpts by Iminime and I'm sure they knew they couldn't beat them in that department, but even close enough but not re-casted would have been acceptable to most people I'm sure. There's a MASSIVE difference between copying the details of someone's work from scratch (matching the expression and overall vibe of the sculpt) and actually re-casting their work.

Well, why produce a new sculpt when these were already mass produced and available on eBay? I mean they're a company and their main objective is to cut costs as much as possible. So if heads were available at the time, they went for the cheapest, easiest way.

Wales wasn't available, so commissioning was was a necessity. Simple business strategy.

You are correct, they are different. Never saw the two at the same time
The Spettersenart sculpt I've seen is different:

15189349261_cf7b6712f8_b.jpg

15189349061_6b10261bfa_b.jpg

Those are DEATHASYLUM's photos from OSW as I can't find Chain Blue Lightning on Scott Peterson's blog at the moment.

Redman initially showed their own unpainted sculpt on Facebook:

11150364_1619725531574219_608288475592093904_n.jpg

I presume I have the Redman poncho. I bought Blondie like-new on eBay, and he arrived in the Redman packaging. I'd prefer the poncho to be more green, but it looks more brown. It still looks great! Also, his cigar was lost in transit. So I burned the end of a small twig, and it ended up looking more like an actual cigar anyway.
I scored Blitz from a fellow collector here. I was searching the SSF Marketplace for Scarecrow, and the seller said he had an awesome war horse to display him with. Blitz didn't come with all of his saddle attachments and accessories, so I got a great deal on him!

Sent from the bat cave

The on tv/movie color of the poncho being more brown on the outside is due to it getting very dirty and weathered. The underneath green is the original color. Eastwood admitted that it never got washed.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a characteristic,

But there is a great site complaining photos of the prop and interviews for GBU, and dirt is really a factor too. Eastwood explains the poncho was neither changed nor washed for the three movies.

Maybe it's a characteristic,

But there is a great site complaining photos of the prop and interviews for GBU, and dirt is really a factor too. Eastwood explains the poncho was neither changed nor washed for the three movies.
That's what I said in the previous post.

And yet nobody sheds a tear when fully licensed Hot Toys sculpts are routinely recast. :monkey2

Mainly because the only people crying are the people who spent ton's extra for custom's figure's and now thier exclusive collection isnt so flippin special.:lol BOO FN HOO!:pfft: Wait long enough and all wants come to get released. I think the money thrown in custom's is crazy imo. I dont give a F if you think your Lame as$ EXORCIST Figure cost you a grand. Congrats you spent a ton of money for a barbie bed and custom headsculpt.:lol . This is a hobby for fun and the day i spend a grand on a custom figure is the day i need to quit this hobby. Anyway keep western pic's rollin on in.

Mainly because the only people crying are the people who spent ton's extra for custom's figure's and now thier exclusive collection isnt so flippin special.:lol BOO FN HOO!:pfft: Wait long enough and all wants come to get released. I think the money thrown in custom's is crazy imo. I dont give a F if you think your Lame as$ EXORCIST Figure cost you a grand. Congrats you spent a ton of money for a barbie bed and custom headsculpt.:lol . This is a hobby for fun and the day i spend a grand on a custom figure is the day i need to quit this hobby. Anyway keep western pic's rollin on in.

haha $1k is a bargain...now they're wanting $5k plus :cuckoo:

Back