Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently, there might be some differences between the first batches that Sideshow was sending, and the last ones, in terms of used materials for the hair. Can anybody make a comment on the hair in the front? I have read in this thread that the hair on the forehead is made of a sort-of-gummy material (different to the rest of the hair/statue even in the color). However, not sure if this is the case only for the last batch of statues, after Sideshow realized that some of the first statues produced were arriving to the customers with that part of the hair broken. Thanks.

Can anybody address this???

It's noticeable when you get close. Here's a example of how it looks from afar.

IystPPE.jpg

B9OQ2Fv.jpg

Personally I think it looks fine in those pics... If anything it looks like her skin is indented from the leg strap... Personally I would leave it alone.

Or send it back and get a new one... I don't know if I would try and match the color... that seems like a pretty big task.

Can anybody address this???

Thanks for making emphasis... apparently nobody knows, although this observation was already done in this thread. Somebody wrote about it and said that some of the statues have that part done of resin while her/his one was done with a sort of rubber. However there was no confirmation by some other owners of this statue. Using rubber material in part of the hair would be a negative point to my eyes. Thanks.

Yea ...here's some pics of it. Everything else is perfect except for this.

ruZ9tyV.jpg

KrLKX5j.jpg

nuFDIxv.jpg

I was thinking I could just sand it smooth along the leg band ...and then paint it. So if I can figure out which paint brand ...and paint code ...then maybe its doable.

Alright ...got a replacement body from SSC!

I believe this is a vast improvement. What do you guys think?

TKBnTXC.jpg

4gWpZQ3.jpg

ZzCVZcW.jpg

lE6IImL.jpg

Thanks for the input, guys!

Clearly we all have different level of OCD within ourselves. :lol ...I thought I was very picky, but I see you guys might be worst than me. BTW, that's not a bad thing ...kudos!

The area above the leg band on the left leg is not perfect, sure, but everything else on the statue is. Besides, I don't believe there is any statue that is perfect to be honest. But the replacement is a big improvement if you look at the before and after pics.

Also know that the last 4 pics below are very up close. On the replacement I can't see the slight imperfections in person, only in pics. But on the original I could see the imperfections in person and in pics.

Before:
IystPPE.jpg

After:
lE6IImL.jpg

Before:
KrLKX5j.jpg

After:
nYEwk5t.jpg

Before:
nuFDIxv.jpg

After:
CEfEnUu.jpg

Thanks for the input, guys!

Clearly we all have different level of OCD within ourselves. :lol ...I thought I was very picky, but I see you guys might be worst than me. BTW, that's not a bad thing ...kudos!

The area above the leg band on the left leg is not perfect, sure, but everything else on the statue is. Besides, I don't believe there is any statue that is perfect to be honest. But the replacement is a big improvement if you look at the before and after pics.

Also know that the last 4 pics below are very up close. On the replacement I can't see the slight imperfections in person, only in pics. But on the original I could see the imperfections in person and in pics.

Before:
IystPPE.jpg

After:
lE6IImL.jpg

It does look better. Just enjoy your statue.. I have same OCD problems and your new one is nothing I would worry about. Just try and enjoy SSC greatest statue ever.

For sure! Now that I can look at her and not be drawn to her leg band ...I'm good to go.

Anyone else have this issue with her shoulder strap? Looks like the clasp is missing or broke loose. I feel like I've seen a few others with the same issue. Any thoughts on a solution?
d4a6febac1eb4275e8fafa9b8aa372b9.jpg

It's curled inwards. Happened to me as well. I can see the bent part in your picture. Go slow and bend it straight.

You're right! I might not even mess with it, lest I break it. Kind of annoying, but at least it seems "fixable."

Back