Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Widow also lost her skin texture between 3D model and production. Still fantastic.

I didn't notice until now they went for a blood on the lips look instead of lipstick. It's slightly less pronounced on the proto but it's still there.

Keeping my order. See you in January, Red.

Black Widow also lost her skin texture between 3D model and production. Still fantastic.

I didn't notice until now they went for a blood on the lips look instead of lipstick. It's slightly less pronounced on the proto but it's still there.

Keeping my order. See you in January, Red.

The texture there wasn't a 3d model it was a physical prototype....

I know. I'm just making an observation. I suspect the skin texture might not consistently cast well well over the production of several thousand units.

Some people require that you speak slowly and explain it as you would to a child (loose quote from Galaxy Quest).

It is not obvious that those are production pics. The only thing that is obvious is that those are pics of something other than the original proto.
All I was pointing out is that nowhere does it say those are production pics. They may very well be, but if so why not state it as SS has on other pieces? Take a look at the Lady Death pics in the blog for example. Those specifically state that they are production.

Again, I was just pointing out a fact. Sorry that I don't wear blinders when it comes to Sideshow.

I know. I'm just making an observation. I suspect the skin texture might not consistently cast well well over the production of several thousand units.

I'm sure it was either smoothed beforehand so it would be easier to cast (save $$) or they casted them poorly and didn't care so sanded the crap out of them (also save $$).

Overall it came out ok, it's a lot better then the 1st Red Sonja IMO. That said, the details on the statue are defiantly muted compared to the prototype, you can see her abs and muscle definitions are not as pronounced like the prototype. It also looks like they simplified the hair by making it one color with min. shading. But like I said it came out pretty decent... where as the prototype was like 10/10, I would say the production version is about a 8/10

They definitely uglied her up. Pinkish flat skin tone and different eye color.

sonja.jpg

I'll have to get the laptop out later.
What's shown there is ok, just ok.

Some messy paint lines.
Skin texture totally gone :(

Brown eyes! The same thing happened with Conan-the prize and I cancelled my pre-order. Funny thing, but if someone makes such a fundamental balls up it puts me right off a piece! But this just looks class ;-)

according to the Marvel database she has brown eyes not green

I've got early processing as well for next week. Really excited for this one! I think it came out looking great. If it arrives looking as clean as that, I'll be happy. So much light, smooth skin makes me nervous above scratches and such. More noticeable than when there's armor and such. I need to start organizing things this weekend so I can set it up after she arrives.

I'm not really a fan of the side by side with the prototypes. Rarely will they ever hit that level, and the proto is done by professionals with lots of time, just working on that to make it as nice as possible to get orders and interest. I know my Poison Ivy PF lost a bit of the sultry look from proto to production, but I still think she looks fantastic in person, and I'm sure this'll be the same. I haven't really looked at it too much in the pictures, just a quick flip through...love the blood work, snake looks awesome. I'll really take it in when it arrives.

It's early processing for the 6th, to be followed up with shipping info, so I'm thinking that it'll be here mid-December? If it actually ships out on the 6th or 7th, then it could possibly be here by next Friday if past shipping is any reference. Possibly the following Monday. Either way, sooner than the expected January, so that's awesome. Can't wait!

:yess:

Back