Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, if Sonja's skin tones come out like Blitzway's Marilyn it'd probably be the best statue release ever. That statue just has a ridiculous amount of detail. It is truly crazy. You can't tell she has freckles until you are like 4-6 inches away from her, but they put them there anyway.

I'd like to think that the first Sonja paint-up and Conan amongst others are Sideshow's growing pains in trying to realize a vision of what a natural skin tone looks like in favor of painting everything a more-or-less single shade.

Anyway, I was super pleased with Kerrigan and am hopeful the final release of this Sonja will show similar quality.

Simply put: When pigs fly.

c2P8Ijt.gif

Honest question -- is it possible to replicate that kind of paintjob on polystone material? I thought that's the reason why Blitzway made their 1/./4 line a hybrid of polystone and PVC. PVC for the face, so they can achieve HT-like paintjob on their statues. I've seen a repaint of the Sonja Victorious statue that looks really great and life-like, skintone, freckles, and all-- but the artist used oil instead of acrylics.

Same thing I posted on the other forum
maxresdefault.jpg

With primer it doesn't matter, and while they don't use it their base coat that they use for the skin tone is basically the same thing anyways.

Probably the reason why they choose PVC for the face cause it's not really painting, their mixing the colors into the material and can get a machine to do a lot of the work for making a good skin tone.

Same thing I posted on the other forum
maxresdefault.jpg

With primer it doesn't matter, and while they don't use it their base coat that they use for the skin tone is basically the same thing anyways.

Probably the reason why they choose PVC for the face cause it's not really painting, their mixing the colors into the material and can get a machine to do a lot of the work for making a good skin tone.

Wow, that's night and day.

That is night and day. Anymore high res shoots?

I want this and the new Hulk but finding it hard to justify the costs involved, after postage and duty.

Gotta be super selective now due to costs and space.

Damn ...the ES took awhile to set. I'm glad it did tho. And relatively low, so that's nice.

Back