Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like hair to me. Notice it's sculpted on, not just painted.

Wow, just scrolled back to the "she looks like a man comments". No, just no. She looks nothing like a man. She looks like an extremely sexy, muscular woman. Some people... :slap

Random, and probably a small issue, but the only thing that throws the statue for me is the bit of blood running down her forehead. I think it is appropriate everywhere else on the statue, and her being Red Sonja, this is expected, but it's just a shame to ruin that face sculpt with what looks like a cheesy stream of red paint running down her head. Anyone else notice that?

Yeah, I couldn't figure out if it was a strand of hair or blood :huh

My only nitpick with the piece as well. It does look a bit awkward. Not sure if it's blood or hair. If it's a strand of hair, it doesn't flow well with the rest of her hair. But man, this is such a minor thing. I have no problems with the piece as is but I think it would look better if that red strand of something just wasn't there.

My only nitpick with the piece as well. It does look a bit awkward. Not sure if it's blood or hair. If it's a strand of hair, it doesn't flow well with the rest of her hair. But man, this is such a minor thing. I have no problems with the piece as is but I think it would look better if that red strand of something just wasn't there.

Yeah, agree. If it is hair, it's so out of place. Sideshow, make it disappear! Please! :)

To me I saw it as she's sweaty and one strand of hair is stuck to her face. Anybody who's had long hair knows this happens all the time. They've painted her to look sweaty so looks perfect to me. Especially after a fight with a giant snake.

Looks to have dimensions to it, looks like a strand of hair, not blood.

I always saw it as hair as well. I doubt they'll change it. It seems more out of place to just be a random line of blood with no signs of trauma.

I've never given it a second thought though. Just looks like part of the sculpt. It never bothered me before, and it still doesn't. It definitely doesn't come anywhere near the realm of ruining the face. You know you're reaching to find something wrong with a statue when this becomes a focal point for a couple of pages. :lol

I always saw it as hair as well. I doubt they'll change it. It seems more out of place to just be a random line of blood with no signs of trauma.

I've never given it a second thought though. Just looks like part of the sculpt. It never bothered me before, and it still doesn't. It definitely doesn't come anywhere near the realm of ruining the face. You know you're reaching to find something wrong with a statue when this becomes a focal point for a couple of pages. :lol

I don't think it bothers anyone enough to not PO the piece or say it doesn't look good because of it. However, I would be lying if I said I like it. Either way, it's not a make or break deal for me. Sonja looks phenomenal.

To me I saw it as she's sweaty and one strand of hair is stuck to her face. Anybody who's had long hair knows this happens all the time. They've painted her to look sweaty so looks perfect to me. Especially after a fight with a giant snake.
I saw hair, never even considered it blood until it was mentioned here.

I don't think it bothers anyone enough to not PO the piece or say it doesn't look good because of it. However, I would be lying if I said I like it. Either way, it's not a make or break deal for me. Sonja looks phenomenal.

Oh, I didn't say it'd make anyone not PO her, or that it was a deal breaker, just that it was almost like something had to be found wrong with the statue and that's what was settled on. :lol

The hair strand is a good idea to get away from the moulded on 'wig' look that a seems to be the bane of some PF's. Either way, I want this one and all the new releases shown and received lately point to an improved level of QC :pray:

The hair strand is a good idea to get away from the moulded on 'wig' look that a seems to be the bane of some PF's. Either way, I want this one and all the new releases shown and received lately point to an improved level of QC :pray:
Yea, that is the way I figured it, trying to make it look more realistic. For this particular one it is not really needed, but if that is the worst aspect of the statue we are doing pretty darn good.

Oh, I didn't say it'd make anyone not PO her, or that it was a deal breaker, just that it was almost like something had to be found wrong with the statue and that's what was settled on. :lol
No one's looking for faults, it's a discussion about this fine Statue...
(The people who see a man are simply crazy and need ignoring :lol)

No one's looking for faults, it's a discussion about this fine Statue...
(The people who see a man are simply crazy and need ignoring :lol)

Yeah, I didn't get into that one at all. Didn't understand it when it came up with Wonder Woman personally, and definitely don't understand it on any level now. :slap

Personally, I just want to PO this thing! I know they said it'd go up in the next month or so (or something along those lines) but who really likes waiting? It feels so much nicer to just have it in the PO bag...it somehow calms the mind. :lol

I always thought Jamie Eason was haaawt :drool

In the words of Firefly's Wash... "Have you ever been with a warrior woman?!"

Back