Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my personal collection I learned not to spend money on pure T&A statues because those are the first ones everyone sells when lets say SS Thanos or SS Doomsday come out. At the same time mad props to those who ordered her, without a doubt she is a beautiful prototype and I really hope she executes well. If so then I will patiently wait in the shadows for those not strong enough to keep her. Bwahaha

In my personal collection I learned not to spend money on pure T&A statues because those are the first ones everyone sells when lets say SS Thanos or SS Doomsday come out. At the same time mad props to those who ordered her, without a doubt she is a beautiful prototype and I really hope she executes well. If so then I will patiently wait in the shadows for those not strong enough to keep her. Bwahaha

Great stance to take on this! I might do the same... $600 shipped! :lol

Sad but true. I love me some T&A statues though. lol

The Red Sonja statue looks great. Worried that the factory painting will ruin it though. And that price....

Totally in the same boat but damn this is hot T&A!! Must resist....

Red Sonja is a total badass. Check out the gail simone written RS comics. Fun stuff.

As for the statue...sheesh some of you are so self righteous, high and mighty. Wanna guarantee you get a brand new statue straight from the source? PO now. Cool. Want to maybe save on a few bucks and wait a while before ordering? Also cool. I don't see the need to keep ******** on people.

We are all paying hundreds of dollars for freaking miniature painted plastic figures for ****s sake. No matter how well done they are, at the end of the day that's ALL they are, so quit thinking you have a leg up on anybody.

:clap:clap:clap

I've been reading her comics for several years so I'm fan of the character, the T&A is just a bonus :)

The only way you'll be able to get her cheaper then retail is if SS really screws up on the paint application.... If SS comes close to the prototype this will be a really tough statue to get at a fair price later down the road...

I've been reading her comics for several years so I'm fan of the character, the T&A is just a bonus :)

The only way you'll be able to get her cheaper then retail is if SS really screws up on the paint application.... If SS comes close to the prototype this will be a really tough statue to get at a fair price later down the road...

Unless ss makes it like 500 es, I don't think so

With 1/6 up to $250 and climbing not surprised to see $550 for this gal but it is still disappointing. No longer 2 PFs for a $1000. I PO'ed this statue and think with this one, I'm out... time to just enjoy what I have and maybe trade going forward. Collecting was a ton of fun when 1/6 was $100 - $150 and PFs were $300 to $350. Still expensive but fun... for me it's not justifiable anymore. I shall enjoy viewing the new things in all of your collection pages though. Looking forward to seeing pics... but it will be a year for that :lol

In case anyone is curious about the EX battle axe and the concept behind the pose, here is Will's take on it:

I’m a little reluctant to answer this because I would never want to spoil someone else’s story that might very well be better than mine. :) But for those of you who are curious, I always saw this piece as a particular moment in time. The first impression when seeing this statue is that Sonja has just killed a giant snake. But why is she still so alert? Why is she crouched and stalking? Why isn’t she standing in triumph? Or at least exhausted in her victory? Has she entered this darkened temple -- perhaps expecting to confront the snake – only to find that a scene of terrible violence has already taken place? Everyone is dead and the snake has been partially devoured. She enters cautiously. Not knowing what she will confront, she picks up an axe from the temple floor (actually a headsman’s axe from the shape of it). She steps through the carnage. At a sound, she turns to see the horror – just then revealing itself in the torchlight – that did this…

Will

Here's a comparison to the original Red Sonja PF I made in Photoshop. Both statues are in scale with one another here, and is what they'd look like if they were standing next to one another in real life. When I first saw the 20" measurement I thought it sounded a bit short, but I think it looks good here.

It also shows just how massive the base is. It looks like it is 2-3x larger than the base on the original one.

bGMrAQ7.jpg

Here's a comparison to the original Red Sonja PF I made in Photoshop. Both statues are in scale with one another here, and is what they'd look like if they were standing next to one another in real life. When I first saw the 20" measurement I thought it sounded a bit short, but I think it looks good here.

It also shows just how massive the base is. It looks like it is 2-3x larger than the base on the original one.

bGMrAQ7.jpg

Well, to be fair the first PF was $380...this is $170 more. It's a fantastic looking piece though for sure...if it comes out close to the proto, should be a homerun. I'm debating if I should just buy now and deal with possibly not keeping it later.:lol

I'm sure the paint apps won't quite match, but I wonder how this piece might display next to the ARH Conan vs Snake diorama. Conan still in attack, Sonja glancing back after a kill. Might be interesting to play around with.

Back