Recon at Waypoint review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want that version either. :cool:
I do. In fact, that's the only version of Timber I want on my display. Will go great with the exclusive Zartan sculpt we'll be getting.

4605112510_32f62c83f9_o.jpg

dscn0801d.jpg

dscn0794.jpg

dscn0821nc.jpg

dscn0800m.jpg

Was going to put this in the Firefly thread, but since I'm already here..

Got Firefly some new gear, grenades mostly, but there's a leatherman in the top pocket now.

dscn0837q.jpg

dscn0838g.jpg

dscn0840.jpg

Holey crap, all those grenades look awesome on him.

Agreed! Awesome idea.

I am going to pick up RAWP on the cheap, the corner of the house will look awesome with Firefly. :rock

Yeah, these pics are awesome, Scarrack. Gives me some ideas to play around with the display...

I think the best solution would be to sell a new Timber as Commando SE's exclusive accessory. People who already have Waypoint Timber can pay less and get just the figure. Those of us who want both can get both.

You know, maybe... but I think it's still kind of a kick in the pants to those who bought Recon, which is why I don't think they'll do it.

Timber was kind of the set's "exclusive" accessory - the real selling point. Otherwise, it's just a wall, with no real GI Joe nexus. Given Sideshow's policy of not reissuing exclusive accessories, I don't think we'll see Timber again. Yeah, I know technically it's not an ex, but I think the reasoning (I'm assuming) Sideshow would use would be the same - it would alienate the fans who "went the extra mile" so to say.

Besides, a much cooler exclusive would be his mangled face sculpt, as it was revealed in that later Marvel comic, or something like that... or maybe some night vision goggles and dual blades, so you could convert him to '89 style.

Holey crap, all those grenades look awesome on him.

Thanks! I'm still playing around with how the grenades should look. I just stuck all the frags on the back pockets (4 each) and smoke grenades on the sides. I was wanting to do all frags, but the smoke ones look pretty good there. The sides have double straps and more space, just makes sense. Only problem is I need a few more.

dscn0858n.jpg

Glad you guys like the pics.

On the subject of Waypoint, I wanted to say Timber is really the Snake Eyes exclusive. It may not be as big as cartoon Timber, but it looks like the real Timber to me. Biggest disappointment I had with Waypoint is the briefcase. Handle is too small for figures to carry. Big bummer when I was planning on using that for Scarface. Thankfully problem solved with the Firefly case. Point is, case that comes with Waypoint is only worthy as a background piece. Something to keep in mind when buying environments.

Biggest reason I like this is after Snake Eyes was released, all you heard was "No Timber?!" Then Sideshow releases Timber with wall accessory and everyone goes, "That's stupid!" I thought having a piece designed specifically for a single figure was really cool. Especially Snake Eyes.
Another selling point was I could imagine displaying some other figures in it, like Firefly.

I'd like to display Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes both with this, where they are standing on opposite sides of the corner outside, keeping Firefly where he is. Waiting for the next version of Snake Eyes first, cause the Joe shelf is just too empty.

Don't want too many environments though, unless they can mainly be used for Cobra, because I don't want to take away from my Joe display. But since we'll have two Snake Eyes eventually...and I wouldn't complain if we got another Timber, but I doubt that's going to happen. Still, even if we get another Snake Eyes with Timber, that would leave one Snake Eyes figure Timberless :panic: :rotfl

Glad you guys like the pics.

On the subject of Waypoint, I wanted to say Timber is really the Snake Eyes exclusive. It may not be as big as cartoon Timber, but it looks like the real Timber to me. Biggest disappointment I had with Waypoint is the briefcase. Handle is too small for figures to carry. Big bummer when I was planning on using that for Scarface. Thankfully problem solved with the Firefly case. Point is, case that comes with Waypoint is only worthy as a background piece. Something to keep in mind when buying environments.

Biggest reason I like this is after Snake Eyes was released, all you heard was "No Timber?!" Then Sideshow releases Timber with wall accessory and everyone goes, "That's stupid!" I thought having a piece designed specifically for a single figure was really cool. Especially Snake Eyes.
Another selling point was I could imagine displaying some other figures in it, like Firefly.

I'd like to display Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes both with this, where they are standing on opposite sides of the corner outside, keeping Firefly where he is. Waiting for the next version of Snake Eyes first, cause the Joe shelf is just too empty.

Don't want too many environments though, unless they can mainly be used for Cobra, because I don't want to take away from my Joe display. But since we'll have two Snake Eyes eventually...and I wouldn't complain if we got another Timber, but I doubt that's going to happen. Still, even if we get another Snake Eyes with Timber, that would leave one Snake Eyes figure Timberless :panic: :rotfl

I think you're missing the point... ENTIRELY. :lol Sideshow releases the Snake Eyes that originally came with a Timber in the Hasbro release, but didn't think to include one with theirs. So then, they add a small wolf to this corner of a house and name him Timber, for the sole reason of legitimizing this environment as a G.I. Joe piece. That is stupid. They're doing the same thing with the Desert Ammo Dump. Truth is, if they just released these as generic environments, they'd probably be able to knock off the Joe licensing fee and sell a hell of a lot more. You can bet the ____'s gonna hit the fan if they pull this crap with Junkyard and should the line reach him, Order.

I think you're missing the point... ENTIRELY. :lol Sideshow releases the Snake Eyes that originally came with a Timber in the Hasbro release, but didn't think to include one with theirs. So then, they add a small wolf to this corner of a house and name him Timber, for the sole reason of legitimizing this environment as a G.I. Joe piece. That is stupid. They're doing the same thing with the Desert Ammo Dump. Truth is, if they just released these as generic environments, they'd probably be able to knock off the Joe licensing fee and sell a hell of a lot more. You can bet the ____'s gonna hit the fan if they pull this crap with Junkyard and should the line reach him, Order.

:goodpost::exactly:

Nail on the Head. They could definitely sell more enviros if they dropped the "joe" ascpect and made them generic. I did get the RAWP later (minus Timber) cause I like dio displays for my figures. I will hopefully get the Desert enviro also, more for Dr. Jones or Sandtroopers but that is my point. These things are more marketable, to me, as generic scene builders.

I would rather had gotten Timber or Dusty's fleabag as an Ex. Would have made more sense for SS too. People would have been crashing their site for the EX and not waiting and getting it cheaper from an E-tailer.

OK, you can bash me now for not getting Timber w/ the dio.:dunno

I think you're missing the point... ENTIRELY. :lol

I get it, you're still mad Timber didn't come with Snake Eyes. Sideshow figured out a way to offer the animals that didn't jack up the price of the figure itself. I would prefer animal companions with a figure too, but I just like having the option to get the animal if I want to. Hope you figure out something that works for you Nam, but I don't think the animal/environment theme is going away.

I get it, you're still mad Timber didn't come with Snake Eyes. Sideshow figured out a way to offer the animals that didn't jack up the price of the figure itself. I would prefer animal companions with a figure too, but I just like having the option to get the animal if I want to. Hope you figure out something that works for you Nam, but I don't think the animal/environment theme is going away.

And I thought I was thickheaded. You don't get it. :lol

Dude, I'm not mad. What they did is nothing short of laughable. But hey, you seem to be quite the apologist for this polystone garbage, coming in here and pissing on just about everyone's perspective on it, so... :clap:clap:clap

Timber will prolly come with the next Snake Eyes. He'll be sculpted different. Larger and more acurate this time!!

Back